Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Website...

+4
bahacca
rthling
PrairiePainter
Katurah
8 posters

Go down

The Website... Empty The Website...

Post by Katurah Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Created a new website Smile
Please do take a look and make any suggestions!! Very Happy

Link in my signature.
Katurah
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

The Website... Empty Re: The Website...

Post by PrairiePainter Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:58 pm

I like the looks of it so far. I have to view it on my computer rather than my phone to make a better "review" though.
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 pm

It works so much better on my computer... I think it looks really nice. One thing that annoyed me a little was that I had to scroll to the bottom each time to see the internal links. I'd like it a little better if the gallery slideshows didn't displace that bottom navigation bar. Other than that I think it works really well and gives a great impression of you as an artist!
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:46 pm

PrairiePainter wrote:It works so much better on my computer... I think it looks really nice. One thing that annoyed me a little was that I had to scroll to the bottom each time to see the internal links. I'd like it a little better if the gallery slideshows didn't displace that bottom navigation bar. Other than that I think it works really well and gives a great impression of you as an artist!

Awesome!! Thank you!
Can you explain a little more about the internal links bit? Smile
Katurah
Katurah

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Katurah wrote:
Awesome!! Thank you!
Can you explain a little more about the internal links bit? Smile

Just the links at the bottom that navigate to your contact page, galleries, etc. Maybe it's just a personal quirk but I find it a bit frustrating that they disappear to the bottom of the page when I click to another page I have to scroll down a bit to see them again. And maybe it's just the size of my computer monitor. A bigger monitor may have room to display your slideshow without having to scroll down to the bottom to see your navigation bar.

I hope that explains what I mean.... It's kinda hard to describe scratch Maybe the others will weigh in too and feel it's not a problem.
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:55 am

It is a beautiful site. I have a few suggestions, though.
1. Your small party pricing is too complicated. You mention fifteen faces and nine faces. If nine faces is $75, just state that parties are $75 for the first nine faces, and each additional face, up to fifteen faces, are $5.
2. Your large parties: instead of warning your customers that not booking for two hours may mean not everyone gets painted, make it a two hour minimum and tell them honestly how many faces you can comfortably paint in an hour. The word "insure" should be "ensure" in this context.
3. Contract: sounds too much like a threat. Tell them your terms and what makes the deposit non-refundable. No more, no less.

Feel free to use any text you find on my site, as well as my downloadable contract, linked there. I got much of it, including the contract, from other members here. :-)
www.fancyfacesbydiane.com
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bahacca Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 pm

I'll make a list of things that glare t me:
1.On the front page, take the quotes off of "Kathurah Hall is a Columbia South Carolina..." Unless you are quoting someone who SAID that, the quotes need to be removed.(I used quotes here b/c I was referencing YOUR site;-) ) Also, needs to be a comma between Columbia and South Carolina.
2. At the bottom, there is a thing that says "mail" and the address is info@ mysite.com. I'm not sure if that is your personal email address, if I wanted to email you if I'd have to put in info @ katurahhall.wix.com/colormepaisley or if it is the email for your web hosting service. If it is for the web hosting service, maybe find a way to get rid of it. If it is your personal email, maybe do a hyperlink so that it reads something like katurah @ colormepaisley... .
3. About page-don't start off with "Well," Just start with My name is....
4. About page-second paragraph-needs to be a comma between "...for a year now, and I am looking forward to...."

I'll be back later when I can look at the other pages. FWIW, I did proofreading professionally for an advertising firm, so I'm a stickler for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation on websites. I'm lax on message boards;-)

bahacca

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:51 pm

yeah, i'm a grammar and proofreader stickler too, and i'm also lax on messsssssssage boarddsssss tooooo

(and it bugs me every time i post, but there's only so much time and so many typpppoooossssss ...) Very Happy

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Same suggestions as above...LOVE the look of it though. Very classy and goes well with the name.

I do the per kid pricing up to 20 kids and then I suggest hourly and quick designs because of time (I can only do about 10 kids an hour at full birthday designs.)

And I would suggest that you don't drop your hourly rate so much...why? Your painting only start dropping prices after 3 hours and then it's only $10.00. I'm just worried about you undervaluing yourself. Let say you do quick designs for two hours...that means you are only charging $2.80 per kid and that's without a base price. If you just stuck with $150 you'd make at least $3.75 each guest.

Make sure you get travel money for 20+ miles.

Aren't I being bossy! I love you
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweetsie Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:47 pm

katurah, I like the pictures and i think the others gave good advice. nice site.
Tweetsie
Tweetsie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:56 pm

Ahhhh!!! Thank you all!! I'll be sure to go do some fixing tonight! Very Happy
Katurah
Katurah

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey Katurah, just a quick comment from me as have four extra girls sleep over last night, so I should do the good mum thing and make them breakfast soon!!
One suggestion I have is to have your contact details on every page. I know you have done a lot of work on your site so far, but I don't think wix (?) is set up well for viewing on mobiles, so having your details everywhere make it easier for potential clients instead of having to go to contact section. Will check it out on pc later tonight xx
silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down