Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liquid Body Paint

3 posters

Go down

Liquid Body Paint Empty Liquid Body Paint

Post by FlawlessFantasyArt Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi, I need some advice on liquid body paint. I ahve been asked to do 5 full body paints in animal prints and the faces will be editorial style make up. I have done loads of animal body painting before, but usually it would be just parts of the body, never a full body. So I am wondering how much paint I will need. I was going to go for a liquid for speed, although for the stripes and spots I probably will use DFX black as tats what I have always used and it works well for it, but for the base was thinking Mehron liquid. How much coverage would one 4oz bottle do? Would one 90ml DFX black do for all 5 bodies? maybe not as one is a black panther... and I wouldn't want to use DFX for that because is stains to much, so would probably need a different black. Any suggestions? Thanks.
FlawlessFantasyArt
FlawlessFantasyArt

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Liquid Body Paint Empty Re: Liquid Body Paint

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 am

Do you intend to airbrush the liquid??

The only liquid I use for body work is Tim Gratton Body Paint in the black only as the other colours suck, it is made by Matisse Derivan out of Australia. It is an acrylic based body paint and is amazing. I dilute it 50/50 with water and apply with a large brush - it dries completely flat, smooth and opaque. I can order it from a Canadian art supply store - I don't know if it is available from a UK distributor.

I use cream - usually Fardel from Belgium, for most of my body painting with super large chunks of sponge I chopped off of a car wash sponge.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlawlessFantasyArt Sat May 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. Nope not airbrushing.
I've not heard of acrylic based body paint before, will have to see if I can get it here.
I have heard of Fardel before but not thought of using cream based paints on large areas. Is it a bit like supra colour from Kryolan?
FlawlessFantasyArt
FlawlessFantasyArt

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Shannon Fennell wrote:
 I can order it from a Canadian art supply store

I am in Nova Scotia and would love to know the name of the Canadian art supply store you order from.
Michele
Michele

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-08-27

http://facepaintingbymichele.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:51 pm

I haven't ordered any since 2007... I'll have to dig through my financial records!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:04 pm

You don't have to bother with that. I have found I place I can order from. Thanks for replying though.
Michele
Michele

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:34 am

They carry Tim Gratton? Can you share? Save me trying to did up the information myself Very Happy It lasts a long time and I am down to my last half jar.

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:47 am

Who is "They"?
I want to know where to get it now that my interest has been piqued.

xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Sorry the place I found to order from doesn't carry Tim Gratton. That's why I was wondering where you ordered it. They only carry Mehron and ProAiir hybrid in liquid. It is Dotsy's Entertainment.
Michele
Michele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down