Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about glitter tattoo application!

+7
PaintedFaces
mhr2133
JJJJJ
Denise Cold
silversky
PrairiePainter
Erica's Funny Faces
11 posters

Go down

Question about glitter tattoo application! Empty Question about glitter tattoo application!

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 am

So tomorrow I have a 3hr gig for glitter tattoos and I gave them a great price since it is for a school and it is a weekday job and I don't get many of those. I offered to do it for $200. I have a couple questions. How do you handle running out of a particular design? It's not like painting where I can replicate the same design 100 times and I am afraid of running out. They asked me to have 20-30 options (which I do, 40 actually) but some I have 12 of and other only a few. In your experience do kids just choose another or will it be a big stink? Also, I have noticed that putting them on the arms sometimes the glue/glitter sticks to little hairs on the arm and looks bad. I know that alot of the glitter tattooists use a little trimmer but I am not sure that is a good idea to shave someones kid lol. Any tips/thoughts? It is tomorrow and I am FREAKING out!
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Question about glitter tattoo application! Empty Re: Question about glitter tattoo application!

Post by PrairiePainter Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:24 am

How do you display your designs? If you had them in a pocket binder type book they could flip thru til they find the one they want. Once a design is used up the pocket would be empty and no longer an option. Does that make any sense?
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Question about glitter tattoo application! Empty Re: Question about glitter tattoo application!

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 am

I had thought about doing it that way but have had bad experience with letting kids touch lol. I made this to tape to the table in a few places so they can choose before they get to me....figured maybe just draw an X over them as they run out?

Question about glitter tattoo application! Img_2040
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 am

And if anyone wants a copy of this I am happy to send the file. Smile My main concern with the designs is running out and having an angry mob of elementary aged kids....
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:16 pm

I read a post here somewhere where someone puts the copies of the tattoos in a display holder on display for the kids to see, and when they run out of a design they remove the picture from the display. No picture no tatt. Maybe let the teacher tell the kids to choose a couple before they get to you in case you run out.
Also Did you check the glitter tattoo threads for other options?

Good luck and remember .....
“You can please some of the people some of the time , all of the people some of the time , some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:19 pm

silversky wrote:Good luck and remember .....
“You can please some of the people some of the time , all of the people some of the time , some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

Thanks silversky, just what I needed. Smile
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm

silversky wrote:Maybe let the teacher tell the kids to choose a couple before they get to you in case you run out.
That's a great idea! Sometimes just warning them and providing an alternative helps smooth things over.
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Our's isn't nearly as fancy as having pockets but it's the same concept. They tell you the number and you pull them from the drawer. The last one is the one on the poster and you pull it off when you use it. I only have 6 of my untried designs because I've been burned with designs that I thought would be popular and they don't get used so don't worry about it.

Question about glitter tattoo application! P1190110
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Any thoughts on the hairy subject? Laughing Nice display Denise...
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:56 pm

I always tell kids that their tattoo will look and hold up better when applied on the inner forearm. I actually explain about the hair to them. In order not to embarrass anyone, I always say something like, "Lots of us have some hair on our arms. I do. So I put my tattoos on my forearm to make them look better. Do you want me to do that for you too?"

About 80% of the time, they say yes.

For certain designs, I am pretty emphatic about it (there is a Faketoos little dancer girl design that has the finest fingertips, and they'd NEVER work on a hairy arm). For designs with less fine detail, the hair situation is often not as problematic.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mhr2133 Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:43 pm

In my experience kids are fine with being told something is all sold out, just remove it from your board or tape something over it .

I only offer tattoos on the inner arm - no where else. It solves two problems - no hair and no time spent thinking of where else to place it - I just sit them down, take their arm, turn it over and we put on tattoos. You might have on your sign something about how many colors - like only one color so that they can think of that before they get to your chair.

Also here in california we have to take a close look at the designs offered - no skulls, playboy bunnies, nothing religious, no ying yang, no peace signs - all of these I have had issues with from some schools
mhr2133
mhr2133

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:19 pm

The outside upper arm is usually pretty hairless in kids, and a standard tattoo spot. Outside lower arm is hopeless.

If I have a particularly determined kid I might tell them it hurts way more to pull the stencil off skin with hair. It's true, obviously, but I don't usually point it out, in case it scares them off entirely!

I know I wouldn't be happy shaving a child for a tattoo! Smile

What about coloured tape to tape over any designs you've run out of. The kids might be a bit disappointed, but most of them are good about choosing something else.
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Peace signs? Seriously?
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Back to top Go down

Post by monna Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm

How many kids are you planning on doing? I love your board. and love Denise set up as well.. being that the last one is on the board... because then you take the last one from the board and it is gone and they don't have that pick anymore. I can use my stencil more than once too... also ..if you have a cutting machine. there are some you can make yourself. dolphins etc. I have cut and made a stencil with my pazzle machine as well... like the hunger game..mocking jay!... good luck and let us know how it went!!!
monna
monna

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2012-07-05

https://www.facebook.com/nanamonnasfacepainting

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 pm

We have done many gigs and the occaisonal time we run out of a popular one, the kids are ok to choose another. We have never had a problem with attitude , they are ok, especially if they are getting it free.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:45 pm

how did it go Erica? no tantrums as expected?
silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Question about glitter tattoo application! Empty Don't use a board

Post by dmeagher Mon May 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Put your glitter tattoo stencils in a basket or a bowl and the kids will select a stencil that they like. You don't need to keep track of which you have and which ones you don't. The kids enjoy sifting through the basket to find a stencil and it gives them something to do while they're waiting in line. - Debbie
dmeagher
dmeagher

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Good idea Debbie, never thought of that....but....do you think they might steal some? I guess if it's in front of you they wouldn't....but....kids are crafty...not sure I would trust that fully.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue May 07, 2013 1:02 am

I agree with veelux--even having them on display in pockets I've had to "remind" kids that "those belong to me" when they've tried to "help themselves".
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down