Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

candy & chaos

5 posters

Go down

candy & chaos Empty candy & chaos

Post by mamakatrien Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:03 pm

I wish those were the names of splitcakes...but instead it was what I came home to today!

Like so many we were struck by the flu in our family, and my third, Anton was so ill we suspected a pneumonia and he was rushed into hospital. Since I did not see that coming ( we went straight form our GP to emergency) we left the house as it was, breakfast still o the table. By noon we realised we would not be going home, so I called my DH telling him that he would have to take care of the other kids and see to it they got home from school.
So he did. I failed to mention food. Or the chickens.

Today Anton's fever looked under control, and the antibiotics kicked in so we went home.

We entered...a warzone lol! this is what happens when you leave a manager in charge of 2 of our kids: although afternoon, they still had a mix of PJ's and clothes on. They had survived on sweets and cookies, ( they ate a LOT of them), and they were all very happy and very loud. probably the sugar rush.

Chickens had been forgotten ( I'll have to check in the morning if they survived on the leftovers I last gave them), the dinner table was littered with ...everything, and so was our coffeetable. Clothes and socks everywhere.

See - now I know again WHY I am a fulltime mum.

BUT: glad to be back home sunny
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

candy & chaos Empty Re: candy & chaos

Post by Creabella Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh my, you must have been shocked to see the chaos at home!
So did it take long to get things back in order?
Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Oh dear, its not good when you walk in to chaos..but glad the little one is doing better and got out of the hospital so quickly.
Take a hot bath with some bubbles...maybe some glitter too..you will feel better dear. flower
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Waffles?!?!?!? Left on the table!??!?! JUST JOKING! since you said you didn't eat waffles for breakfast, as we Americans think you do every single day of your lives Wink (Your situation reminds me of Bill Cosby's story about how he gave his kids cake for breakfast...and his wife was mad, but the kids sure loved it Laughing )
Glad little Anton's fever is down and hope he has a speedy recovery. Pneumonia is no fun whatsoever!
flower
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 am

Heir, heir, to all the mums!

Hope you're all doing fine again! Sending all good thoughts your way!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm

took half a day to get things sorted, so not too bad.
Husband and daughters have the flu too by now. BUt we still have two standing: me ( the oldest) and my youngest. cheers
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down