Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to paint your own belly?

+2
Jantien's Art
dartiegirl
6 posters

Go down

Is it possible to paint your own belly? Empty Is it possible to paint your own belly?

Post by dartiegirl Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 am

I'm a newbie face painter and am pregnant with bub #3 and would love some pretty belly painting done. It's a new art form to me as I'd never seen it before with my previous pregnancies. I enjoy painting my own face but my own belly sounds tricky, has anyone done this before and can offer any tips?
dartiegirl
dartiegirl

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to paint your own belly? Empty Re: Is it possible to paint your own belly?

Post by Jantien's Art Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 am

You could try! Why not! If your creative you wil get something on there stand in front of a mirror must work.
And otherwise why not ask a co-painter to make your belly... then your sure of a nice bellypaint (you can choose the painter) and it's a lot more relaxing!
take care, love jantien
Jantien's Art
Jantien's Art

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-04-08

http://www.jantiensart.nl

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to paint your own belly? Empty Re: Is it possible to paint your own belly?

Post by Valerie A Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Dartiegirl! So good to see you back! Are you all moved in?
Congratulations on baby! You should definitely try to paint your belly...at least you should have plenty of time to practice Wink
I hope someone who has done it themselves will post in here with tips for you. Very Happy
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:21 am

yes it's possible.
I did it when I was 35/36 weeks pregnant. I sat in front of a mirror because i couldn't see the bottom of my belly haha

ok ok and I kept it simple Wink

Is it possible to paint your own belly? 303876_535121293181711_1115464765_n
Daphne
Daphne

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Daphne, even if you had to do simple, you did a great job! Wish I'd known about belly painting when I was pregnant with twins...would have loved to have such a beautiful memory painted. And, NO, I'm not having any more. Wink
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:38 pm

It sure is! It's crazy hard because I had to paint using a mirror since I couldn't see my belly, but still a lot of fun.

Is it possible to paint your own belly? 34599_11
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fairyfox Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Whitney, that is cool! Nice work!
fairyfox
fairyfox

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://jacanaparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Very nice Whitney!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by dartiegirl Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:17 am

Wow! Whitney that is awesome! And I really like yours too Daphne, I may be able to replicate something similar! I find out the sex in a few weeks so will wait til then. In the meanwhile having fun looking at all the amazing designs.
How are you doing Valerie? I've hardly pulled my kit out in weeks since moving house and with Christmas etc but now that we've settled in I've got the painting itch again!
dartiegirl
dartiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Dartiegirl, when is your baby due?
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by dartiegirl Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:52 am

Due 2nd July. I've got 2 girls already so hoping for a boy this time! Currently 15 weeks preggy so not really showing yet.
dartiegirl
dartiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Here's hoping for a boy then! Keep us posted.
Maybe you can start practicing your belly paint as soon as you are showing Idea and it won't be such an intimidating thing when you're big since you've been doing it all along! Laughing
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down