Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step

+2
veelux
CATZ
6 posters

Go down

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Empty Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step

Post by CATZ Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 pm

OK, ever since I did the 'Giving Tree' Belly I've been wanting to do a belly with this other classic story... "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch.

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Rmunsc10

So I took the classic image of mom peeking at her baby just before she sings to him, "I'll Love You Forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." Then I wrapped it in toilet paper, hand prints and squeezed out toothpaste in homage to the antics of the page before...

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Elovef10

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Elovef12

Here are the step by steps...

I start with outlining the design in white with mom standing up so I don't have 'gravity' issues with the design getting longer when she's upright. Then I put down the background and any large parts of the design like the banner here. I write out the text in white just so I can make sure I have the space I need then I cover it up. I have to thank Shannon Fennell for the tip on getting 'FAB' paint 'Ziva Blue' as a close replacement for the elusive 'Bach Blue'. It's what I used for the background here.
Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Lf-ste10

Then I put in more detail and shading.
Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Lf-ste11

I have mom stand again for final detail linework and text if she's up to it. Always make sure mom is comfortable and gets lots of pee breaks Smile The moms I've painted really like my zero gravity chair.
Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Lf-ste12

I realized once mom stood up, I needed to put the dotted lines down for the toilet paper effect and that the handprints had started to fade into the background so I touched them up too.

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Elovef13

Last edited by CATZ on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
CATZ
CATZ

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.CATZfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Empty Re: Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step

Post by veelux Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Wow, that is so amazing. You are blessed with talent M'Lady!
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step Empty Re: Robert Munsch - Love You Forever Belly step by step

Post by Mrsthe97 Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Wow! I love the colors you used.
Mrsthe97
Mrsthe97

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:24 am

Gorgeous! Love that belly!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:22 pm

That is beautiful!
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CATZ Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah, I have to thank Shannon Fennell for the tip suggesting the 'FAB' paint 'Ziva Blue' as a close replacement for the elusive 'Bach Blue'. It's what I used for the background. Very pretty colour and goes on stronger than the Kryolan interferenze colours.
CATZ
CATZ

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.CATZfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ssshaffstall Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:12 am

just beautiful
ssshaffstall
ssshaffstall

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down