Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback/critique please

4 posters

Go down

Feedback/critique please Empty Feedback/critique please

Post by kingsmeadmama Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Ok guys, please let 'er rip! Tell me what you think I can do to make these better next time!

This is my first ever attempt at spiderman. This little guy was sooooo squirmy, and kept turning his head. I thought of tying him to the chair, but thought my friend might frown upon that sort of thing Wink
Feedback/critique please Img_4610

This is my sad attempt at Jolene's design. Jolene, I am sooooo sorry that I murdered your lovely work Sad I can tell you that I hate the red outline on the crappy teardrops and that I realzie that I need to practice the teardrops - like right NOW. Any other feedback is most welcome.

Feedback/critique please Img_4611

And finally...
My dragon that actually looks more like a sea monster. I don't actually dislike this one, but welcome your thoughts as to how to make it better.

Feedback/critique please Img_4613

kingsmeadmama
kingsmeadmama

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Feedback/critique please Empty Re: Feedback/critique please

Post by Rebons Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Christina, I think you're too hard on yourself! That's all the advice I have to offer Very Happy
Rebons
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Who B What E Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:34 pm

I would just say check out some of the spidermans on the forum, notice the shape of the white/eye area, most are more pointed, almost triangle shaped. I like to come down onto the cheeks too a little. Cute santa hat, maybe use a small pouncer for the white part. Dont' feel bad about the teardrops, I suck at them and can't bring myself to use them in my designs until I get better at them, so for now....lots of dots, stars & glitter! Also google whatever you are painting, I get tons of ideas like that. Also look up "masks" in google for whatever design you need. Another good way to get ideas is look up "cakes" There are very creative cakes out there that can give you ideas for face painting. Inspiration is everywhere! Happy painting!
Who B What E
Who B What E

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-10-23

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Smiley-Faces-by-Jo/27768237893

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Christine, these are really cute! What brand of paint were you using?

One thing I've recently discovered for Spidey is white eye shadow. Everyone raves about Starblends, and I'm going to get some, but for right now I use my $1.97 matte white eye shadow directly under and over the eyes, up to the brows. One thing that sometimes helps the wigglers is to add sound effects, just silly noises you make for each kind of stroke. Sometimes. Other times, you need tranquilizer darts.

I like your sea monster. He just needs some legs with clawed feet if he wants to be a dragon.

I'm impressed with your work!
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsmeadmama Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks everyone!
kingsmeadmama
kingsmeadmama

Number of posts : 351