Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swatch Request!

+3
mamakatrien
fesspenter
Kammy
7 posters

Go down

Swatch Request! Empty Swatch Request!

Post by Kammy Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 am

I'm hoping some of you might be kind enough to swatch some paints for me, so that I can compare a few colours before I buy them. Smile

Firstly, I'm wondering what the difference between TAG "Old Gold" and "Copper" is (both in their pearl range), as they look fairly similar on the site I was browsing. I want a reddish-metal colour, something different to their pearl copper which I already have. It would really help to see swatches of these.

Secondly, I'm trying to find a good, dark/deep red, mainly for sponged bases. I've looked at Snazaroo burgundy and maroon, Grimas 504, Superstar/FAB "Old Red", Cameleon dark red....and that's not even counting offerings from Paradise, DFX and Wolfe. I have no idea which might be best! The reds I have so far are Snazaroo bright red, TAG pearl red, TAG berry wine (too purpley to work as a darker foil to the red I already have) and a tiny cake of Wolfe red. I need a normal, non-purpley dark red!

Any ideas? Any swatches? Any swats around the head for me being pesky? Very Happy

Thanks in advance for any help.

x

Last edited by Kammy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought I had pearl bronze...it's actually pearl copper. My bad. :D)
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Swatch Request! Empty Re: Swatch Request!

Post by fesspenter Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 am

Dear Kammy:
I am hoping this helps:
Swatch Request! Photo29
This is from upper left, to lower right:
Wolfe Raspberry
Paradise Beach Berry
DF/X Pearl Red
MAC Basic Red

Swatch Request! PearlRed
This is a comparison of DF/X Pearl Red on the top.
On the bottom, I have laid in a base of FAB Glitter Gold and put MAC Basic Red over the top. I like this red because it is less pink than the DF/X

Swatch Request! Photo28
This is from left to right
TAG Bronze Green
FAB Glitter Gold
TAG Old Gold
Kryolan Copper Interferenz

xoxox

fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks so much for those swatches, Lisa - you're such a star! Smile I already have the FAB (or Superstar in my case) glitter gold, so it looks like the TAG Old Gold is very similar to what I already have. I already have the bronze green - isn't it a lovely colour? That IF copper is gorgeous! Argh, was trying to avoid getting into IF as they're so expensive. What are you doing to me? Very Happy

As for the reds...hmm. I'm liking the Wolfe Raspberry, but it looks fairly similar to TAG Berry Wine, and I don't want to end up with too purpley a colour because it wouldn't be as useful for shading onto brighter red. The other colours look quite bright rather than dark - or is that just the light you've taken them in?

Too many pretty colours. Halp. Wink

Thanks again - I really appreciate that.

Kammy x
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Talking about TAG Berry wine - that is a colour I would love to have, but I cannot find tag for sale in Belgium. I can get Grimas, snazaroo, partyxplosion and Superstar - and also some of the Wolfe colours.
Anyone who can tell me which would be closest?

Kammy, the snaz copper is also very nice - not too fond of snaz gold and silver.
I wonder how Superstar silver would compare to tulip silver?
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm

PartyXplosion has the same colour, mamakatrien!

Outlining of the roses and butterfly is the metallic berry PartyXplosion!
Swatch Request! Th_00d2a8495eabc486ed34d9f0304f5701

Also used in this one:
Swatch Request! Th_0b1529cb05ba3da8ca4d076540426667
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm

mamakatrien wrote:Talking about TAG Berry wine - that is a colour I would love to have, but I cannot find tag for sale in Belgium. I can get Grimas, snazaroo, partyxplosion and Superstar - and also some of the Wolfe colours.

Kammy, the snaz copper is also very nice - not too fond of snaz gold and silver.
If you genuinely can't get TAG Berry Wine where you are and you really want one, mamakatrien, PM me and I can order and send you one. I'm sure there's something you could send me in return, so neither of us were out of pocket. :-) It's a gorgeous colour - sort of a slightly purpley dark red.

I do have TAG copper, and that's absolutely beautiful, though I've heard good things about the Snaz one too. As for Superstar silver - I haven't used the Tulip one, but I LOVE Superstar "Pure Silver". It's so shimmery and a lot more opaque than most I've seen.

Last edited by Kammy on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Willoughby Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:05 pm

mamakatrien wrote:Talking about TAG Berry wine - that is a colour I would love to have, but I cannot find tag for sale in Belgium. I can get Grimas, snazaroo, partyxplosion and Superstar - and also some of the Wolfe colours.

Lizzie indicated earlier in another thread that PartyXplosion was actually TAG, so if that's true then you already have some Smile I can't say I'd know what name PartyXplosion gives the Berry Wine though - you could ask.

Willoughby

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:07 pm

that is so lovely Kammy- but I am trusting lizzie if she says it is the same colour! that is great- can you tell me the paint number too Lizzie - as I cannot find it under that name, and am in doubt between a purplish and more berry reddish colour ( paars, lila, donker bordeaux, en donker bordeayx, allemaal metallic, of ook nog de namen metallic special purple, metallic oud roze) welke zou het zijn?
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:33 am

Sorry.. In Dutch!

Het is de donker Bordeaux artikelnumnmer 43745. Ziet er op de foto op de bestelsite erg donker uit, maar zoals je kunt zien op mijn foto's is hij in het echt lichter en zodra je hem gaat gebruiken kleurt hij nog wat lichter op. Ik vind het één van mijn mooiste kleuren, zowel voor blending als lijnwerk!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 am

mamakatrien wrote:that is so lovely Kammy- but I am trusting lizzie if she says it is the same colour! that is great- can you tell me the paint number too Lizzie - as I cannot find it under that name, and am in doubt between a purplish and more berry reddish colour ( paars, lila, donker bordeaux, en donker bordeayx, allemaal metallic, of ook nog de namen metallic special purple, metallic oud roze) welke zou het zijn?
Eep, I didn't even see Lizzie's post, sorry! :-) I'd trust her, she's mischievous but wise. ;-)
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 am

Mamakatrien, Superstar silver aka FAB silver here in the States is almost identical in coverage and shine to the Tulip silver. The Superstar is better consistency and application in my opinion.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:17 am

Here's the swatch of Superstar Pure Silver and Gold that I did earlier:
Swatch Request! Swatch14
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 am

amazing! Couldn't be happier: two lingering questions I had in my head for a while just got answered, and are now definitely on my shoppinglist. Thanks everyone!

Kammy do you have more superstar metallics - I saw at their website that they have some other enticing colours like "gold finch" and other cute names.
Might as well order a bunch while I'm at it - shipping cost remains the same anyway.
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 am

Of their metallics, I only have pure silver, gold and glitter gold. Sorry! I do want their shimmer bronze, but I've just ordered 4 more of their paints (pale yellow, old red, baby blue and ploppy orange) and couldn't justify that too. Very Happy

If you mean the shimmer colours in general, I have a number of them and recently posted swatches to another thread:

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t12555-fab-paint-colors-recommend-advice
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:20 pm

awesome, thanks Kammy!
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebons Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Kammy, left to right:
FAB glitter gold, TAG old gold, TAG pearl copper
Swatch Request! Img_2710

TAG red, FAB plum
Swatch Request! Img_2711
Rebons
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks for the swatches, Rebecca! I think FAB Plum is Superstar Old Red, as I decided to get that one and it looks exactly the same. I wish they'd call them the same shade names! Very Happy
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down