Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best face painting DVD'?

+4
Metina
PatB
Michelle Heffner
aprilmoonflower
8 posters

Go down

Best face painting DVD'? Empty Best face painting DVD'?

Post by aprilmoonflower Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:52 am

I have a long list of DVD's I want to get. They are all like $30+ each though so I want to make sure to get the best and most useful ones.. What are your suggestions for a beginner painter? Favorites?
aprilmoonflower
aprilmoonflower

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Best face painting DVD'? Empty Re: Best face painting DVD'?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:10 am

Never watched any of them... I'm a book person.

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:25 am

Really? I'm surprised you don't have one now that i think of it! LOL!

I am definitely a "have to see in order to do" type.. videos or live demos..I really love the you tube videos!
aprilmoonflower
aprilmoonflower

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:25 am

don't get me wrong books are great..

btw I LOVE your Skull profile pic! AWESOME!
aprilmoonflower
aprilmoonflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Heffner Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:29 am

My favorite is the Mark Reed "On Your Mark, Get Set, Paint!" DVD. But I have yet to see any of the Jinny videos.

~Michelle
Michelle Heffner
Michelle Heffner

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-05

http://brightandshining.com/face_painting_blog

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:30 am

What about the Raphaelle Fieldhouse one?
aprilmoonflower
aprilmoonflower

Back to top Go down

Post by PatB Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm a Mark Reid fan, too. I especially liked the way he described how to do paint lines with the airplane analogy. Every time I do my lines, I hear his voice in my head.
PatB
PatB

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Make sure to do a review of any book or DVD or any product for that matter in the product review section. I did one on the ARTY brush after I bought it. I will help others and you might find a review on a product you are thinking about.

Thanks!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 pm

aprilmoonflower wrote:What about the Raphaelle Fieldhouse one?

She has a video out? I love her style!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Jenny Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:35 pm

I love that DVD, and Mark's DVD, and Carol Turmans DVD and Jinnys VHS, to name a few, AND (this is just for Michelle) I love Captain Visual and Don Caldwell.

Raphaelle breaks down each face and teaches it step by step, with her special touch
Mark R is awesome as usual, and his last DVD for boys is excellent, as are his other DVDs,
Carol teaches faces for line work on her double DVD, this is a terrific DVD with lots of wonderful ideas
Jinny's older VHSs are still worth getting, she does an incredible job on them, and they are still current art.

Captain Visual is a wonderful DVD for new Balloonists looking to add twisting to their business, unless they are already twisting Don Caldwells 'Mad hatz and wild wearables' and they just don't know how advanced they are.

What ever DVD, or book you get you can expect to pay premium prices of $25 to $35 on average. If you learn ONE thing from it, it is worth the price of the item. You can watch the DVD, or read the book over and over again, until you get it. Compare that to a class that on average costs $125. When you take a class it's the same, if you learn one thing in that class, it is worth the cost of the class. That's my take on it all.

Now I think I'm gonna spend some time with Don Caldwell, and things that go pop in the night.

Jenny

Just Jenny

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://www.JustJennyFaceArt.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by jenjenhana Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:40 pm

Don Caldwell is awesome! I just got "things that go pop in the night!" I just finished a class with Jinny and I am TOTALLY going to get her videos. She is an amazing teacher and I learned so much, now I want to have something to refer to (I am a total beginner).
jenjenhana
jenjenhana

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-10-08

http://www.fenixfaba.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Heffner Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:04 am

Just Jenny wrote:

I love that DVD, and Mark's DVD, and Carol Turmans DVD and Jinnys VHS, to name a few, AND (this is just for Michelle) I love Captain Visual and Don Caldwell.

Raphaelle breaks down each face and teaches it step by step, with her special touch
Mark R is awesome as usual, and his last DVD for boys is excellent, as are his other DVDs,
Carol teaches faces for line work on her double DVD, this is a terrific DVD with lots of wonderful ideas
Jinny's older VHSs are still worth getting, she does an incredible job on them, and they are still current art.

Captain Visual is a wonderful DVD for new Balloonists looking to add twisting to their business, unless they are already twisting Don Caldwells 'Mad hatz and wild wearables' and they just don't know how advanced they are.

What ever DVD, or book you get you can expect to pay premium prices of $25 to $35 on average. If you learn ONE thing from it, it is worth the price of the item. You can watch the DVD, or read the book over and over again, until you get it. Compare that to a class that on average costs $125. When you take a class it's the same, if you learn one thing in that class, it is worth the cost of the class. That's my take on it all.

Now I think I'm gonna spend some time with Don Caldwell, and things that go pop in the night.

Jenny

Jenny you tease : ) I can't help it that I didn't think very highly of my balloon twisting skills! Oh- I got my Filbert Pump after all of your encouragement. Yay!

~Michelle
Michelle Heffner
Michelle Heffner

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-05

http://brightandshining.com/face_painting_blog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 am

I like the Fieldhouse DVD as well, Jenny! It's the one that I let my friends watch when I was training them. I love her accent and I like that she shows different examples of faces after each demo.
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2009-06-27

http://www.picnpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down