Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting with terrible material!

+2
amylady222
daphne78
6 posters

Go down

Painting with terrible material!  Empty Painting with terrible material!

Post by daphne78 Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:54 am

Today, we went to an opening of a small playgarden. For our kids and because of family living there (half my husbands family lives there).
There was also a facepainter wanted, but someone allready went. She brought Grimas (Dutch brand, I don't like.... but found this out after painting with other brands), and she had some pencils. Oke.. they're called pencils but they were treated terrible (oke, to be hounest I didn't know how to treat them a couple of months ago!).

The line of kids wanted to be painted, the line was getting bigger and bigger and the family descided that I had to paint as well..littlebit scared because I still don't have the confidence. After waiting 30min's I did help. First I did the girls of the family, not because the were family, but the other painter was pikking kids out of the line and there were kids waiting before them. It was not fair.
I did a couple of prinsesses, they had pictures, but I've painted them from my head.. the pencils were not useable for the things they wanted.

Then a couple of kids wanted there name painted on their arms/hands, I did, and made it more beautyful as they aspected (nice.. kids can not hide!). One girl wanted to have a butterfly on her arm, I made three (sorry Laughing ) and I did soms swirls to make it more beautyful, she was a littlebit scared because she couldn't see, but her mum was explaining, and she was happy after (pfff).

Scary thing: painting the daughter of my husbands ex-girlfriend that is now married to a cousin of my husband (they had a big fight about that part for 7 years, talked it out 2 years ago)... the girl loved it, but she didn't know that I'm family (no problem), she was playing with our daughters not nowing...
Mum (husbands ex-girlfriend, for 8 years, so not a fling) was happy with the result!

And now...
I'm happy, have some extra experience surrounded by family (critism), I feel like proving myself. But I think I succeeded.. but next time, I think I'm putting my own kit in the car, my own pencils... And... I even could give the other painters tips (there was a third women painting later). Niced thing.. I could help with spiderman LOL. I unfortunately didn't paint one, but I could explain the basics (the eyes and shape)...

O, there was a girl talking to an other gilr while waiting "look how beautyful she's painting"... (that was about my work!)

Does it feel I'm a little bit excited???
hahahaha, nice sunday!

(sorry about my English)
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Painting with terrible material!  Empty Re: Painting with terrible material!

Post by amylady222 Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 am

good job! the best way to get better is to go out and do it!

Image what you can do with good paints!!
Way to go!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Good for you Daphne! I usually paint myself because I don't have anyone available all the time so it's nice when I get a chance to do other children, but yes it's also a little scary.
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 am

Congratulations on having such a great experience! Sounds like you made lots of children smile, and isn't that the whole point? Smile

I haven't used Grimas paints, but there's a facepainter/teacher around here who absolutely swears by them. Of course, this could be partly because she sells them. Out of interest, what is it you don't like about them?

Glad things went well for you, and that your confidence got a boost!

Kammy x
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KaranLeaf Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Sounds like you helped to make sure there were more happy faces that day.. Good for you. Smile I know what it's like to use some not so good or cheap supplies. I have just recently gotten my Wolf Bros. paints and I love the quality. That is a Good idea to keep a paint kit with you. I might just make up a small take on the road kit for my self.

KaranLeaf

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:04 am

Way to go Daphne!
Grimas is one of the first professional brands for FP over here. It's very good, very skin friendly, but I don't use it either. It's a bit hard to get it opaque, it has less pigments ( that's why skin-friendly). You really have to learn how to work it right, a bit like snazaroo. Think it's the same story, but not the same brand (in a different name), as for Snaz's also being sold here.
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by daphne78 Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:07 am

Lizzie, they bought it at my daughters school as well. And I do like the babypink (that one that is in pallet A).

I've bought a Grimas pallet for our street a couple of years ago, but it's not mine hahaha (I do have this at my place stored). And because I wanted to do more with facepainting, I wanted my own collors.. started with buying Superstar and a pink PartyXplosion and a splitcakepallet. Next week I've bought a few other Superstar collors, and at 1. september I've bought a suitcase filled with PartyXplosion for a very good price (50%off, and the basic price was already the lowest). I don't use the Grimas pallet any longer, but I do need a nice light pink (2 daughters...)
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down