Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What program to use to design a banner?

+3
debranewmanart
gravenkiss
Taly
7 posters

Go down

What program to use to design a banner? Empty What program to use to design a banner?

Post by Taly Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:54 am

Hi guys! I'm trying to design my own banner for festivals and such, but I don't know what program to use. I have Adobe Lightroom, Gimp and Inkscape. Don't know if any of those will work... And i'm not sure what size it needs to be so that the quality of the banner looks good when printed? Please help! Crying or Very sad
Thanks!
Taly
Taly

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Back to top Go down

What program to use to design a banner? Empty Re: What program to use to design a banner?

Post by gravenkiss Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:46 am

Ooooh I"m studying graphic design at the moment and thought I could help, but I am only 'just' up to the printing processes subject DOH!! Sorry - AND i haven't used lightroom before, or the others, but am finding a whole new world in the land of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign - so I will be watching this thread closely to see the answer also! Good luck Taly
gravenkiss
gravenkiss

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-06-30

http://www.tammysfacepaint.co.nr

Back to top Go down

What program to use to design a banner? Empty Re: What program to use to design a banner?

Post by debranewmanart Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:45 am

I made one in Mircosoft Publisher. It was easy. Just typed in what I wanted and chose 6 feet as the size. That's how wide my canopy is.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:12 am

If you use Vista for your banners, they have the mb sizes required for the best results. My son used the 30 day free trial on photoshop and created mine. Just had it printed up Thursday. Watch for sizing issues. Height and length. 2 feet doesn't always work for a four foot sign. I wanted 18 inches tall, but my sign was made for 24. Couldn't squish it . Settled for 20. Also pixels and file size. Have fun. Let us know how it turns out. Vista is really helpful. Very Happy
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by ginganinja Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 am

Vistaprint has a groupon available right now! I found it under philadelphia, paid $17 for a $70 gift card!!! They have a program you can create your banner using their background or you can upload your own logo.

ginganinja

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:31 am

I agree...VISTAPRINT! I paid only $20. for mine. They come in different sizes. Don't forget to get the adhesive hangers. I did and had to pay another shipping fee to get $3.99 hangers! You can design from their art or from your own pics for a little more $$.
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by facesandtwists Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Vistaprint! Their banners are super cheap, especially if you wait for a sale or use one of the 10% off codes they sometimes have in commercials. They have very customizable templates or you can upload your own stuff. Even if you don't pay for the fast shipping, you usually get everything within a week or two. And yes, the hangers are a life-saver!
facesandtwists
facesandtwists

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.facesandtwists.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taly Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:15 am

What program to use to design a banner? Bannertaly Hey guys thanks for the advice! Here is what I designed. Let me know what you think before I order it? Btw if anyone needs a banner, on Labor day its FREE! Just pay for upload and shipping. Razz
Taly
Taly

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down