Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tear Drops

+20
Lady Jayde
Caswell Designs FP
Tineke
IamGinaW
Kat's FacesForFun
barbb919
elantaura
Denise Cold
Miss Ronnie
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
Pilareta
facesbybelle
TheGildedCat
CottonKandyClown
leapinglizards
fesspenter
ginganinja
Laskowski911
debranewmanart
ladysinaz
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tear Drops - Page 2 Empty Re: Tear Drops

Post by MoMoMac Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Im much better with drop and drag/flick -my drops come out way better looking and more consistent, but for some things ( like if the drop is in kind of an odd place, or has to end in the exact right spot) I'll try my best with the drag and drop- but to me, they always look a little like sperm!
Sorry if that's too much, I just don't think there is a nicer way to say it! Laughing

MoMoMac

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:45 am

ladysinaz wrote:Kewl..

The cheap brushes don't seem to hold much paint, and i may need to trim them a bit.. i figure if i can get good with those.. it should be a joke, when i have all kickass brushes Wink

ACK NO!
Cheap brushes = epic fail.
I personally like the Royal Majestic brushes.
Get your paint to a nice watery consistency, and have a go at it.

Try to practice with paints you use less often, but that are the same brands. Ex: don't use paradise to practice linework if you normally use Wolfe. Also, learn using the regular palette - metallics/pearls/neons tend to be softer and are thus a bigger PITA to do linework with.
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysinaz Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks everyone for your input.
So apparently the cheap brushes are no good if i am reading between the lines properly Wink
I don't intend one using those on customers. Just trying to get the basic jist of what i am doing.
I have figured out that a lot of it is the paint and my ability to figure out how to use it. I went from swearing up a storm not being and to do thin/think/thin lines without A) running out of paint B) once i load the brush.. the bristles all fatten up with paint and i can't for the life of me get a point, start or end.

My conclusion so far is snaz black and white are the devil.
I got mad and broke out the turquoise and blue, same brush, same everything.. worked like a dream
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm

You're using snaz for linework?!? No wonder you are having issues.

Erin (Perry Noia) manages to use Snaz for linework and can probably chime in with advice, however I can tell you that I find Fab ok for linework, paradise and kryolan = not my fave, DFX/TAG/Wolfe regulars = amazing (neon and pearl versions are very different consistency) and Snaz = awful.
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Lol I practice with my white and black snaz because I can buy it locally, its so nice when I do to do a "real" outline with my dfx black or wolfe with the same brush and it goes further, thinner, not gloppy, and just looks cleaner and neater. For those of you who have mastered the snaz paints for line work, you are truely talented.. Smile
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:32 pm

When using Snazaroo, make a wet spot and spin your brush into it until the paint is gloopy like acrylic paint (it isn't of course, but that thickness)... turn your brush in the paint until you have a nice point and loaded well.

I make all my teardrops from pointy end to fat end because I have more control over the length and direction of the tails. I do almost everything with a #4 right now except for flower petals where I use the Snazaroo #7 Round and just plop the shape of the brush flat down.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2