Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paying Myself

2 posters

Go down

Paying Myself Empty Paying Myself

Post by Bee Happy Design Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:38 pm

So I've had a little bitty bit of income starting to come my way (one party and one deposit for upcoming event). I've put it all in my dedicated "business" account for now (its really a personal acct at a separate bank and once I'm making "real" money I'll turn it to a business acct). I'm planning to buy some more paints, powders etc to beef up my kit and maybe some printed flyers - my husband suggested I reinvest in business stuff for now and he's right. But my question is... when do I pay myself. How much? blah blah bla.

I know - I need to find a good financial person but thought you all here would have some good insight.
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-15

http://www.beehappyfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Paying Myself Empty Re: Paying Myself

Post by wmeventservices Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 am

I can't tell you that specifically, but I can tell you this. When I first started, I got a little too caught up on paint colors, brushes and setup. In the beginning, you will receive little to no financial return from those investments. I always suggest spending more on promotional materials and less on products in the beginning. Once your name gets out there, the product will take care of itself and you'll have plenty left over for yourself.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 am

It took about 6 years before I was in the black.

I recommend talking to an accountant if you intend to pursue this as a business long term. They can advise you on the best way to handle and set-up things for YOUR area. Laws vary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Happy Design Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:05 am

I totally agree, Whitney. I've gotten business cards, a small banner, and I am working now on my website. I'm considering flyers to put up around at businesses that allow that and also to put in neighborhood mail boxes. I'd love to get some professionally printed up as I don't think it's that expensive and it's less headache than fighting with my home printer. Hubby thinks why not just run some off at home? (Well it LOOKS cheap, dear...) But anyway I suppose either would be fine or both - home printer for mailbox flyers and pro printer for signs around town.

But now I'm sooo wanting a lumiere pallet and gosh that could make some great halloween faces... LOL

Yes I definitely need to talk to an accountant. I'm either just lazy about that or shy or don't know where to start. Embarassed
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-15

http://www.beehappyfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down