Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo?

+7
vegas mom
Gr8ful
Perry Noia
seekorka
Schminkerlitzchen
fesspenter
TinafromNY
11 posters

Go down

Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo? Empty Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo?

Post by TinafromNY Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:20 pm

I noticed that even when I receive them new, a lot of times the lids are cracked. I wrote to Silly Farm and they said they have a lot of trouble with cracked lids on the Snazaroo. Today, the blue bottom looked cracked and a little chip was IN the paint...aargh. Does anyone else have trouble with Snazaroo pots? Thanks
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo? Empty Re: Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo?

Post by fesspenter Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:54 pm

The cracked lids and breaking off bottoms made me look for other face paints.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo? Empty Re: Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo?

Post by Schminkerlitzchen Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Yes, my bottoms are cracked too. But i have only a few old snazaroo colours.
Thinking of repotting them.
Schminkerlitzchen
Schminkerlitzchen

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.schminkerlitzchen.de

Back to top Go down

Post by seekorka Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:07 pm

I have this problem too, and many painters in my country.
seekorka
seekorka

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:13 pm

I haven't had trouble with the bottoms, but the lids often crack... I keep lids that are still in good shape in a drawer and swap them out when I need to.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Be careful repotting Snaz.
It makes the case brittle and cracks.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Those are the old pots... they redesigned them a few years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:26 pm

My new ones are breaking even faster than the older ones. NOT cool.
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 am

Hmmm. Well, I put mine into my palettes so it makes no difference to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:29 am

Mine all broke. Re potted into clear acrylic containers.
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:52 am

I've never used Snazaroo paints but I have had just a few of the Kryolan cases arrive cracked over the years. Kryolan has sent me replacement covers for any cracked ones I've received, and they also offered to exchange any with broken bottoms. They said they didn't recommend transferring the paint to another container because of the risk that there may be pieces of sharp plastic in the paint. I always transfer any of my paints right into these screw-together stacking jars though. They work great, are a lot thicker, take up less surface area on my tray, and you don't have to deal with a bunch of lids.

Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by olivo Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:23 am

As a newbie, can someone tell me how to get the paint repotted into a better container, as yes, my lids are held together with sellotape at the moment! Surely we should complain to Snazaroo, or does anyone have any tips on a replacement top?

olivo

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Dear olivo:
Welcome to The Forum!
Mosey on over to the Introductions thread to tell us about yourself. It helps you tremendously if you post your general location. Your local painters can find you to invite you to their Jams, share shipping costs for paint orders, share jobs.
There may be local recommendations for purchasing a suitable container in your area.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:30 pm

many face painters repot their paints, often to save space or to organize them in their kits.

for solid colors, just carefully dig out the paint with a knife or spatula and press it into the new container. might want to wear disposable gloves, as it can get messy.

you can also search the forum for threads on making your one one-stroke cakes and split cakes.

basically cut strips of single colors with an exacto type knife, place them side by side in the new container, press the surface gently so they fit together and stick in the container.

many people prefer square or rectangular containers, so all the colors load evenly on a brush or sponge. you can get individual containers, bead containers in strips, or empty face paint palettes (refill your old ones or buy empty new ones).

and, yes, snazaroo lids are still cracking. i have a number of snaz cakes i bought several years ago, and several lids broke up.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by olivo Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:40 pm

thanks all!!! I bought an empty paint pallette container, for 8 x 18ml colours, with one communal lid-will let you know how it goes!!

olivo

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Does anyone else's lids crack easy on Snazaroo? Zombie
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down