Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello to everyone from switzerland!

+3
Tineke
Pilareta
Liorit
7 posters

Go down

Hello to everyone from switzerland! Empty Hello to everyone from switzerland!

Post by Liorit Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:18 pm

The last few Days, i spend every free minute, reading trough this forum Smile
Lots of helpfull stuff here!

But with more and more questions lingering in my head, i finally had to sign up.

I am a singlemom (my little boy is 16 months old) from switzerland and i'm looking forward, to eventually start my own FP-Business(or at least, do some more gigs again).

My parents were some sort of event-artists (FPing, ballontwisting, fire-brathing, etc.) Laughing
They took us children with them to many events. As a Teenager, i started to learn FPing and ballontwisting and did some birthdayparties and events. Was truly helpfull to get some extra money Smile

Then i did my education and had no time left for FP.

Now i am looking for a way to generate enough money for me and my baby, witheout leaving him in a daycare 5 days a week.

So i did the math (since i love working with people, especially children and alway had much fun FPing...) and came up with the brilliant Cool idea of running my own mini-business as a FPer.

I am so glad, i found this forum. The tipps and help here will sure help me to become a better FPer.

If you want to know something, feel free to ask!

Love from switzerland!

Liorit

PS: I hope my "english" is not too confusing Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Liorit on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Liorit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone from switzerland! Empty Re: Hello to everyone from switzerland!

Post by Pilareta Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Welcome to the forum from Spain!
Don't worry about your English! If people on this forum are able to decipher my posts, they will be able to understand almost anything Laughing And they really are the most supportive and talented group trough the net cheers
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone from switzerland! Empty Re: Hello to everyone from switzerland!

Post by Tineke Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Welcome from belgium !
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Welcome from the USA! Looks like you will be a trend-setter in your country, which is wonderful!
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sara_geneve Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 am

Hi! I'm in Geneva, where are you in Switz? I think there's a huge potential for good facepainting to be done here and I have heard that people are more than willing to pay for it. I mostly work only for friends because I have a school-age daughter and I can't really work too many weekends..I wish you best of luck!
Sara
sara_geneve
sara_geneve

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:49 am

Welcome to the Forum!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Liorit Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm

@all
thank you for the warm welcome :-D

@pilareta
I hope so :-D Yes, they are all so talented, wow!

@sara_geneve
I have searched the"whole" Internet, and there are some good FPer, but they are very rare. Especially in my area (Kanton Bern). Very few FPer... The most are working in Zürich. And then there are the big event-organiser. But there you will never know, who will show up on your event and how good they are ;-)

On 11. of august, i can attend a workshop with Svetlana Keller. She had done some workshops with Mark Teid, the Wolf Brothers and Lynne Jamieson. I hope i can learn much great things from her.

I think i will try to not work more than 4-5 days a week, so i can spend time with my baby;-) And when my son is a little bit older, i eventually can take him with me, just like my parents did it with us. We always had much fun. But when the children are in school, it's a little bit different. (i think about home-schooling, so this would be a good solution for us ;-))

My sister did a FP-Gig the last Weekend. She only paintet one hour for the AXA Insurance in Bern. And she got 370 CHF for that Shocked
And the company, where she is working, once had a FPer for an event. She did the bill and this person received 4'200 CHF for working like 6 or 7 hours Question So i think, especially when working for companys, you can get paid VERY well in switzerland...
Best wishes to you!

Have a great evening everybody!

Love

Liorit

Liorit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forum! It is such a great resources! Very Happy
Katurah
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sara_geneve Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:27 am

Liorit, WOW! I would abandon my family on weekends for that kind of money, no problem..hahah...no seriously!! I have heard similar tales of crazy payments though the one time that I have quoted very reasonable price the person (who lived in a downtown area with no parking so I would have had to shlep all the gear on the bus) never called me back.
I need to hook up with those corporate gigs.
That sounds great that workshop. I will not be here in August otherwise I might have looked into it.
Do you have a good source for paints around where you live? I am able to get kryolan very easily and paradise but very expensively and there is a store in Lyon where I get a limited range of the Wolf bros paints so I do an occasional pilgrimage there.
Warm regards-Sara
sara_geneve
sara_geneve

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 am

Hi girls, maybe you should check the Dutch websites for your paints? the shipping fee probably will not be higher than it is to Belgium, and I order a lot in the Netherlands...
Tineke
Tineke

Back to top Go down

Post by sara_geneve Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:42 am

Hi Tineke!
As we are not part of the EC often companies don't want to post things here but I will check it out.. thanks! Is there a favourite one that you use?
sara_geneve
sara_geneve

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 am

Hi Sara,

I've sent you a personal message with some online shops!
Tineke
Tineke

Back to top Go down

Post by Liorit Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 pm

@sara
Hehe, yeah, if i could earn 4200 CHF with one gig - i would only have to work one day a month :-D
Who knows, maybe some days...

Puh, that sounds not very comfortable. Perhaps it was better, he never called back ;-)
I do think, that the real money is in the corporate-events. But everybody has to start small :-)
Oh, it would have been wonderfull, to meet you at the workshop. But eventually, we can jam someday!?

Since now, we have worked with Kryolan, Grimas and some Mehron (my mother always buys them from a local beauty salon, but i sure think, there are cheaper ways).
I have never thought of other brands, till i discovered this forum :-D I haven't purchased anything now. I want to wait for the workshop. See, whit wich colours Svetlana is working, and perhaps i will get some of them. Buuut i have thought about buying from the USA or so, the shippment will be about 30 CHF & Mwst. and taxes Evil or Very Mad
I believe, if the order is big enough, it sure will be a good deal, since the big 90g paints are about 6-8 CHF less expensive.
And all the other things, you can get there What a Face (maybe there is a way, we could purchase togeter, and send it to each other, if you are interested?)

What do you think about Paradise and Wolf? Is it worth it? Or is Kryolan good enough?

What brushes do you use? Is there really a difference to the good quality brushes, you can find in some papeteries?

@Tineke
Oh, that sound great! Can you pleas, pleas send me a PN with the links? I love you

Kind regards,

Liorit

Liorit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down