Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In search of costumes...

4 posters

Go down

In search of costumes... Empty In search of costumes...

Post by Mita Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm going to bite the bullet and put myself in character modes for parties, and possibly festivals. I am looking for a cute clown wig, non-afro, but not like a tiny kid style either, just fun and clowny that maybe I can throw a bow in. Also looking for an outfit. I can not sew. I havent checked around the prices for someone to make me one, but I am sure it is pricey, and I dont want a generic costume, I need something to hold up. I am also thinking of a fairy godmother look. Any suggestions on what I should wear for that?
Mita
Mita

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

In search of costumes... Empty Re: In search of costumes...

Post by fesspenter Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Dear Mita:
I do not know where you are from. Here in Toronto, we have Value Village. You can find the gaudiest, ruffly, sparkly wedding gowns and brides maid dresses for anywhere from $5-$25.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Consignment shops. To me Fairy godmother = shiny and poufy= prom dresses or wedding. Wal-Mart has wigs around Halloween. I actually bought a straight platinum blonde glow in the dark one when they clearanced last year as well as several pairs of really funky fake eyelashes. Haven't worn them yet - guess that side of my fp personality is still lurking. Rolling Eyes
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mita Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 pm

I am in the middle of Illinois. We have resale shops, but I dont know if they will have poofy/gawdy. I'd really like to find something in a soft pastel and sparkly for my fairy godmother outfit. If Im going to do clown, I want to look like a put together clown. Not like a ragtag hobo clown. I have been looking at wigs online and I am finding either staight bobs, poofy afro styles, or the Japanese animation looking ones. I'm on a mission tonight with my google search!
Mita
Mita

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Check this document out - I wrote it for a clown camp ten years back.

CLOWN NOTES

For wigs and costume ideas check here

http://www.mooseburger.com/

All my costumes were assembled by me. Some were designed by me and then my mom created them from my drawings using various patterns and I would get accessories and other bits from Value Village, Goodwill, Salvation Army.

At lot of my clown "costume" parts are actually my 80s wardrobe... yeah, I used to wear the clothes to work at a bank... it was the 80s.

Made a Bajoran Vedic robe from a pattern for a choir gown, Baladi belly daning outfit was made from several patterns fitted together and it doubles as one of my Fairy Godmother costumes with wings added.

My clown wig is a China Doll bob - very common wig - in burgundy red... the bangs were trimmed to create more forehead so the make-up would show.

'80s old lady outfits - pink sweats with rhinestones for example - make great clown costumes. Layer with long sleeved shirts in stripes or prints.

http://shannonfennell.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/my-past-life-as-a-clown/

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 am

I recommend the mooseburger link above if you want something that is really good quality that will last (but they are expensive).

I make my own costumes... I started with a Simplicity pattern for a Raggedy Ann costume and made it in pink and purple instead of blue and white. Ive changed it up now and it's kind of a home made pattern at this point, but you can get a very put together look as long as you coordinate your colours a bit.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:01 am

You may be able to find someone to sew for a relatively inexpensive rate.
Shannon, Burgundy looked really awesome--sorry to read of her death.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:21 pm

More a "putting out of her misery" than a proper death. clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down