Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return to Oz (again)

5 posters

Go down

Return to Oz (again) Empty Return to Oz (again)

Post by Becky521 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 am

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I'm doing the stage makeup for 3 members of a local (amateur) dance company. The Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion & the Tin Woodsman. I googled the designs and combined a bunch of different ideas into what you will see below. I did just discover that the Tin Woodsman is being played by a black child with very dark skin. I'm glad I allowed extra time because I'm not sure how opaque the silver will be until I see the child's skin!

Anyway, here is what I came up with:
Scarecrow: Starblend "Oriental", Starblend "Red" (nose), Starblend "Black" (eyebrows), FAB red (mouth), I used the FAB red on myself, but didn't like the way it felt, so I'll be using NYX red lip color applied with a Q-tip. I plan to do oriental starblends right down the neck and add shading with light brown Starblends to simulate the wrinkles in the burlap sack that the scarecrow's head is supposedly made out of.

Return to Oz (again) Scarec10

Tin Woodsman: Wolfe Silver (might use Mehron Silver Powder w/ mixing liquid instead depending on the child's skin), Wolfe Black for details and eyebrows. The silver will go down the child's neck, on her ears, on her arms, and her chest, shoulders and upper back (whatever is not covered by her costume). I'll definitely use the Mehron silver powder with mixing liquid for the body painting part. Not sure which I'll use on the face yet. Maybe a combo of the 2? I stopped at my chin line because of ease of washing it off since I have to work my day job this morning!

Return to Oz (again) Tinwoo10

Finally, my favorite, the Cowardly Lion. Starblend, white, oriental, light brown, dark brown, and black for the various shading, Wolfe black for the nose and details
Return to Oz (again) Coward10

Sorry the photos aren't great. It was almost midnight and I was taking photos with my iphone, so no flash the direction I had to hold it! I'll try to get some pics when I paint the kids!

Thanks for the suggestions you all gave me, I can't wait to tell you how it turns out!

Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Return to Oz (again) Empty Re: Return to Oz (again)

Post by fesspenter Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:20 am

Dear Becky521:
If you want to make the silver more opaque, quickly,
lay down a base of Wolfe Gray before you sponge on the silver.
The Gray does not have to be evenly applied.
Try this on your arm and you will see the difference between the opacity of the silver with the gray base, and the sheerness of just silver.
It took me less time to lay down a base and pop the silver over it, than it did for another body painter to sponge on just silver.
Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:37 am

Nice!!!! I love you
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 am

Lisa, I wondered if that would work! Thank you!
Becky521
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by katerra77 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 pm

You can use just Mehron silver powder without mixing liquid. Marcela does her Tinman on Faba tv class like that, she just applies powder with a smoothie.
I tried that too, made a Magic Mirror face for a girl playing in a musical in our school. Her skin was very dark and it worked great. After I applied powder I sprayed her face with water from my spray bottle and poofed large cut silver rainbow glitter (Mama Clown's) on top. It looked very cool. The only thing, you have to remind actors not to touch their face.
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Great work!
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Return to Oz (again) Empty Photo session 1 is DONE!

Post by Becky521 Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Return to Oz (again) Img_1810

Here is a photo of the dancers. They were ranging in age from 12 - 16 years old. The dance company owner was LITERALLY jumping for joy. I get to do the scarecrow and tinwoods-woman tomorrow again for more photos and then all 3 on Sunday for the big recital. I'm really proud of my work. I used the Mehron powder and mixing liquid on her arms, shoulders, back and neck and the wolfe gray with wolfe silver (with a little mehron powder mixed in) on top. Then silver glitter sprinkled all over her face (provided by the dance co, purchased at Claire's boutique).
Becky521
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Today was the last time for me to paint for this show. At the last minute, they added 2 characters to my list. Neither one was a big deal. The first was the Tin Woman's "boyfriend" (they did their dance to "My Boyfriend's Back"). I was told not to paint anything but his face because he had to remove the makeup quickly during intermission for a second dance he did later in the show.

Return to Oz (again) Tinwom10

The second was "The Wizard." They just wanted me to age him a little (make him between the ages of 50 and 60ish). I powdered his hair and deepened his worry lines, gave him crow's feet and bags under his eyes. You couldn't see the deepened lines very well from a distance and his glasses (not told about when I did the makeup) hid the crow's feet and bags under the eyes, but it was fun to powder his hair at least! The actor was probably in his early 20's.

Return to Oz (again) Tinwom11

Here is a (blurry) photo of all the dancers I painted in action. I hope to have better photos from my friend's camera soon:
Return to Oz (again) Compan10

Their make up looked JUST as good at the end of the show during the final bows as it did when I first put my brushes away. I'm really proud of my work and had no idea I could accomplish anything like this. :-) The designs were so simple, and yet, they made a huge impact on completing the look of the characters. It feels good!

If you want to see the rest of the photos I have so far from the recital, they are here: http://www.fantasticfacesbybecky.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13546681
Becky521
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Congrats!
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by katerra77 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 pm

The dancers look great!
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down