Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing works!!!! Get out there and promote yourself!

2 posters

Go down

Marketing works!!!! Get out there and promote yourself! Empty Marketing works!!!! Get out there and promote yourself!

Post by Smiletime Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:16 am

I started painting about a year ago and pretty much just did a few birthday parties and picnics for friends. I relied on word of mouth. Finally, I got serious and made a website, ordered magnets for my car, bought a tent and fatmax and started contacting local businesses and fairs about my services. Yesterday I got 4 bookings and so far this morning I got 1. I have never been a salesman, but I forced myself, and it really does make all the difference. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. I got just as many no's, but you keep on trucking! Now I am getting ready to do a postcard mailing..... Just keep trying! I must add that right now....Vista Print is my best friend. I took advantage of a big after Memorial Day sale with free uploads and got a ton of free stuff! Flyers, car signs, refrigerator magnets, a banner, a window decal.....It was like Christmas here yesterday. So pick up that phone, post on facebook, paint your kids and take them somewhere you would like to paint, scope out a grand opening....make yourself heard! I am facepainter...hear me roar! lol
Smiletime
Smiletime

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.depacesfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Marketing works!!!! Get out there and promote yourself! Empty Re: Marketing works!!!! Get out there and promote yourself!

Post by veelux Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Good for you Smiletime. I did basically the same thing..website helps tons! Started a facebook page and got car magnets and business cards etc. I love festivals so that's where I promote myself and most often they are super excited when I contact them because they know our service is beneficial to the event. I have my website address on all my Kijiji ads and my site gets lots of hits considering no one really knows we are there. Its exciting!
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down