Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Face Painting at an Art Show

3 posters

Go down

Face Painting at an Art Show Empty Face Painting at an Art Show

Post by bemusedart Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:06 pm

I do an art show at a community gallery twice a year. It is a juried weekend festival they do as a fund raiser. It is more gallery exhibitions and theater events the rest of the year. When dropping off my auction donation today, I asked about applying for the fall event as a face painter. The coordinator got really excited and said that he and the director were just talking about expanding this event into a more festival like event and having more things going on outside the gallery to draw interest from all the folks that bike, run and take their dogs to the nearby dog park. And they were thinking that they needed to have a face painter in the future and he encouraged me to go ahead and face paint this weekend.
So I know have a PPF event this weekend.
I guess it never hurts to ask.
bemusedart
bemusedart

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-03-13

http://www.bemusedart.com

Back to top Go down

Face Painting at an Art Show Empty Re: Face Painting at an Art Show

Post by Becky521 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:28 pm

That's awesome! My old neighbors just opened an art gallery. I think I need to make a phone call!
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

cheers
I always ask, ask & ask some more. You never know who will bite! Conrats!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by bemusedart Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:18 pm

I am so very glad I asked about painting at this art show. Sales of art were down from the last time I did the show, and face painting has paid for my booth fee. I still have one more day left.
But the best part has been the leads. I have been invited to paint at a weekly event starting this Monday. I also have had a person asks about me painting at a library this summer at an event. And the gallery/theater where the art show is, used to have a big puppet event that they are trying to bring back, and the fellow in charge asked me about painting at that IF they can get the participation to actually get the event going again. And I had several well to do grandma's asking me about doing birthday parties.
I was surprised at the number of women in their 60's and 70's that were interested in getting their face painted. Some actually did have me paint their faces, but you could see that look on several others. That longing little stare that the kids usually have as the parents walk on by. I had lots of fun painting grandma and grand daughter in matching designs.
bemusedart
bemusedart

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-03-13

http://www.bemusedart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down