Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can DO this! lol (with pictures)

4 posters

Go down

I can DO this! lol (with pictures) Empty I can DO this! lol (with pictures)

Post by Mug Shots Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 am

So, some months ago, I asked anyone if they painted from a wheelchair bc it looked like I was heading in that direction. Fast forward, and Bingo, here I am with my little chair.

I asked about anyone working with BlueStar Productions about 2 weeks ago, and then took the job with them, with some MAJOR trepidation bc I had not painted in public since October when I went down with health (spine) problems.

I knew I could paint, I just didn't know if I could handle sitting up for 10 hours straight, painting, with very few breaks when a month ago I had been pretty much bed ridden. I am so thrilled after the weekend, because I now know I can do this. I painted 3 days in a row, for 9-10 hours straight. I am stiff, but still moving, and even kept up time wise with the other painters! Woot!

I just took in a partner, and even though I will have to train her, she is artistic, is much more business minded than I am, and she will be able to help set up at festivals, etc and make sure I am covered if I have to lay on my side for a bit, etc. I have no idea how to split all this up (if anyone else has a partner, I would love some advice! lol)

Business wise, the weekend was not the greatest; slow weekend with 5 face painters, and one of the FP'ers has a partner who twists balloons, and they come as a pair. He offered free balloons with a tip jar. So, for the first time ever, the crowd got a choice.... FREE/tip balloon, or $12 face painting... let me think?? Duh! He made 4 times what I did! Jeez! Anyway, not hating... we are all there to make a buck, but I think it seriously affected the pocketbook. But, confidence wise... Awesome! I have already booked 2 charity gigs (don't hate me! lol but I needed the connection) and 2 more paid gigs! Rock on! I am just so excited that I can keep my business and keep doing this thing I love with modifications!

I had to paint mainly what they offered, but snapped a couple pics...
The top one is actually mine, a variation of theirs I could live with... The second one is inspired from Ashley Pickin, I believe. The next 2 designs I think are the ones we had to do... And the last is a family that liked my painting, and the moms wanted the face I had on, so we just played...

I can DO this! lol (with pictures) Wp_00013

I can DO this! lol (with pictures) Wp_00014

I can DO this! lol (with pictures) Wp_00015

I can DO this! lol (with pictures) Wp_00016

I can DO this! lol (with pictures) Wp_00017

Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

I can DO this! lol (with pictures) Empty Re: I can DO this! lol (with pictures)

Post by Astrid Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:07 pm

nice job!
Astrid
Astrid

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-12-03

http://www.easyjourneyart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 pm

$12 a face and that is what they offered? I can see why you didn't make much. Those are $3-$5 designs in my book. I don't mean your talent, but as I understand it you had to do their designs. I wouldn't put myself in that situation again. Seems like they set you up to fail.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaS Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm glad you're still able to paint. Face painting when it is a passion is hard to give up. Keep on keeping on... have faith in yourself Smile
VictoriaS
VictoriaS

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-11-16

http://www.biggrinsfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down