Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!!

5 posters

Go down

HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!! Empty HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!!

Post by Mika's Creations2 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 pm

So I just got off lunch at my day job (super boring) and I got a call. This person is a lead Carnival troupe member and she wants me to be available to face paint the entire troupe for the Adult's Parade. I told her depending on the design I would charge $5 or $10 dollars a face and she was cool with that.

Now it's a HUGE DEAL because our Carnival troupes are big in the numbers of 100 to 400 people. So if I'm painting each face at $10 a face that's HUGE!!! Photographers are all over the place for the parade and the entire parade is live on our local tv station.

She gave me sketches of the costumes for this Carnival (in April) and I'll be emailing her pics of my creations tomorrow. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Mika's Creations2
Mika's Creations2

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!! Empty Re: HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!!

Post by squiggle Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 pm

That's amazing! But can you paint 100-400 $10 faces in the time you would have?
squiggle
squiggle

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.awesome-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!! Empty Re: HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!!

Post by Mika's Creations2 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Jeesh! I was so excited I posted in the wrong section. Laughing But yeah. I probably wouldn't really charge the full $10 . I depends on the designs I come up with. I was thinking more like $8. I'm thinking quick tear drops and swirls masks. Really tight masks with one strokes with vibrant colors that match their costumes over their eyes. The parade starts at 10 in the morning. The troupes are usually there early to get dressed and ready. I just hope I get this because it'll be great for business. flower
Mika's Creations2
Mika's Creations2

Back to top Go down

Post by squiggle Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Split cakes would really help in that situation! And Suzy's glitter gel Wink Good luck and let us know how it turns out!!

This one was done with a metallic split cake, black Wolfe and Suzy's glitter gel... literally took under a minute to do and is really vibrant!

HUGE HUGE!!!! HUGE...I MEAN HUGE!!! Sams_011

squiggle
squiggle

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.awesome-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika's Creations2 Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:10 pm

That is so pretty !!! I definitely will be using my one strokes and rainbow cakes. I just made a huge order and got some gold and silver Suzy Sparkles glitter gel. I think I may need to order a couple of refills because all the costumes either have gold or silver in it. And glitter would really make the designs POP. Shocked flower
Mika's Creations2
Mika's Creations2

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:10 am

cheers
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 am

That's awesome! Is there a reason you didn't choose to just go by your hourly rate? Is each person paying you individually? If not, I find it can be tricky to keep track of each person, especially if there's a lot of them and things get hectic.

Good luck to you!!! Smile
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika's Creations2 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm

This is troupe is a big troupe . There's 5 Sections and each section has at least 30 people in it. The designs that I came up with are really simple. The regular troupe member designs are $5 and the section leader designs are $8.

Trust when it comes to my money it won't get tricky. You pay me I paint you. But this could all be newbie talk. We'll have to see how it goes but that's all the way at the end of April. flower

Right now I'm freaking about this St.Patty's gig and birthday party gig I have going on tomorrow.
Mika's Creations2
Mika's Creations2

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:04 pm

As we say in the theatre, "Break a leg!" You'll have a blast.
Doe
Doe

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.doearts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika's Creations2 Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks Doe! I'm sure I'll do fine. Also know I'm gonna be dreaming about face painting tonight for sure. flower
Mika's Creations2
Mika's Creations2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down