Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brush bath?

+11
Just Jenny
camilinhaw
Jazzy
hannah scrivener
Heather Timmons
Kristal
LoneWolf
Smiley813622
face frenzy ak
Criss
cassandra
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brush bath? Empty Brush bath?

Post by cassandra Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Have any of you tried the new brush bath that SF is selling? Do you like it? Does it keep the buildup of paint off of your water container?

Feel free to share hints about how to get the paint residue off the water container!
cassandra
cassandra

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Brush bath? Empty Re: Brush bath?

Post by Criss Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 pm

scrubbies LOL Razz
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:21 am

Baby wipes, q-tips and the dishwasher... that gets most of the paint film off my water tub.

Back to top Go down

Post by face frenzy ak Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:57 pm

I really like brush wash. We just started to use it about a month ago and it helps when doing high volume work. Helps to also cut down on frequent water changes when we are real busy. The residue wont be as bad if you stick to the 3-4 drops for the container you use.
face frenzy ak
face frenzy ak

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.facefrenzy11.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:00 pm

I won't add ANYTHING to my water. The containers can be cleaned later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiley813622 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:14 am

THey say that the Brush Bath is 100% organic, safe for the face and body, and also a make-up remover.....do you know how that works?
Smiley813622
Smiley813622

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.enchantedfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:28 am

I'm afraid I don't trust "organic" any more than I trust "non-toxic"...

Poison Ivy and Habanero peppers are organic too... Suspect

I know too many people who react to supposedly "safe" products that it isn't worth the risk.

Water is pure water - I even take along my own distilled water because tap water here sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiley813622 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:33 am

hahahaa! peppers....Wink

I never thought of carrying distilled water.....hmmm.....
Smiley813622
Smiley813622

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.enchantedfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by face frenzy ak Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:36 am

I love it! and yes it is 100% natural when I ordered it I was real leary cause some will say that but are not. I went through the ingrediants and yes it is. I am real big into the herbal ways it is awesome for sensitive skin to. It has Lavender, rosemary,horsetail herb, sage, nettle, ginsing, calendula, white camelia, olive oil, vegetable glycerine, hempseed, vitamine b5, oat protein,lavender essential oil,and red clover. If that helps. I have also found with some people who stain from colors easily this will get it off there skin with no probelem. I used it on myself and my kids before I ever took it on a job.
face frenzy ak
face frenzy ak

Number of posts : 49

http://www.facefrenzy11.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:01 pm

That is an awful lot of plant material to put in a "brush cleaner"????

The two ingredients that are the ones that are working to make it a CLEANER are the olive oil and the glycerin - the rest is just window dressing. Oil will remove oil based make-up, the glycerine removes make-up containing glycerin which is most of the face paint brands.

My family is all allergic to lavender to begin with... and lots of people can react to the other ingredients as well.

Just because something is derived from plants doesn't mean there isn't any risk to using it.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm with Shannon. Was just thinking: was are all those plants doing there? Maybe it is so we have something to put on top of the Snazaroo when stranded somewhere with nothing to eat? ;-)
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:06 pm

What is the volume in the bottle of Brush Bath? The SF site does not state the size of the bottle. In curious - for $5 I don't imagine it is a litre/quart?

If you want to add something to your water that will clean the face paint out of your brush easily, and keep your container "clean" AND that won't be a possible irritant to people add a couple drops of glycerin. You can buy small bottles of glycern at your pharmacy. Since it is also an ingredient in the make-up you aren't adding anything additional to the equation.

AND if you have cakes that are cracking or dried up and getting hard to work with due to crumbling you can add a drop or two of glycerin, let it sit and the paint will be reconsitituted and useable again.

AND if you want to wash off face paint without having any lingering "stains" wash with glycerin soap. Any transparent soap will usually be a glycerin based soap. Pears Soap is the one I use and it takes off Wolfe black, all yellows, greens and blues etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:56 pm

LoneWolf wrote:I'm with Shannon. Was just thinking: was are all those plants doing there? Maybe it is so we have something to put on top of the Snazaroo when stranded somewhere with nothing to eat? ;-)

Hahaha! I see culinary delights being created...

Shannon, thanks for the tip re: glycerin
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Alot of manufacturers (especially in the cosmetics industry) will add those 'nice sounding' ingredients to a base formula, so you think it's fancy and special and you could not duplicate it yourself. It also 'adds' to the price.

Like Shannon says, the plain ol glycerin soap and or any oil will usually remove all residues.

Herbs can be highly irritating and there is usually a few in your 'crowd' that will not like the smell or react. I can not tell you how many products I've had to return because of an 'herbal' component that reacted to my skin and made me break out. /sigh I'm a good 'test case' for most products...if I can tolerate it, most folks can. Better to avoid it though!
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2008-09-28

http://www.catsmeowinfo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Heather Timmons wrote: there is usually a few in your 'crowd' that will not like the smell or react.

Yeah, ME!! Paradise makes me want to gag, honestly - it can trigger my asthma. I find the smell of it extremely unpleasant. silent

Soapbox warning!! affraid I do not understand why adding a scent to a cosmetic product is necessary... particularly something meant to be used for painting children!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 am

In Seeboden I asked the lady at Kryolan if the had any plans of making a line with no perfume. She claimed there wasn't anything in it.. I got my mom to have a sniff - it is the kind of work she does at the lab at work - and could tell there was something in it. There was another guy there, and he said that there was something in it so cover the chemical smell. Guess chemicals are not fun to smell either, but still.

But I do wonder if the first lady really didn't know there was perfume in it?
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 am

To me Kryolan smells like make-up and that doesn't bother me as much as the scent of Paradise OR the old Wolfe formula which smelled like cheap rose perfume - horrible. The new stuff seems to have less scent.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 am

I actually liked the old Wolfe *lol* But Paradise, no thanks. Guess that is why it would be optimal if there was minimal smell, to please more people.
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:57 pm

I actually really like the smell of Kryolan, haha. I would be lying if I said I didn't open my paletter or another container up once in a while to take a whiff...
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:13 pm

I'm usually happy to look at nice new CLOSED container... but, whatever paints your face Kristal!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah scrivener Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:58 pm

i had never heard of a brush bath before! after i face paint i just wash the brushes in water, and soap sometimes. is the build up only relevant for people who face paint for long periods of time and with certain paints?
hannah scrivener
hannah scrivener

Number of posts : 7

http://www.funkyfairyparties.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Honestly.. it isn't relevant at at all. It's hype, marketing and not necessary. Adding stuff like that is just making it more likely to cause irritation or reactions in people.

Water and soap is fine. Keep your equipment clean and change your water when it gets really murky... nothing else really needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 am

Just wanted to chime in that that brush wash would irritate me because it has oat in it. I have celiac disease and oat or wheat protein on my skin makes me get a painful rash that then turns into flaky skin for days.

Jazzy

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:24 am

There you go! I've never really figured out why adding smells to things is supposed to be "good" as opposed to no smell...

Back to top Go down

Post by camilinhaw Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:52 pm

I got my brush bath yesterday and I really love it.....smells really good and removes the paint (inclusive Wolfe black) in a blink of the eye..... I didn't react to it.....love it
camilinhaw
camilinhaw

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next