Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baboon first try what do you think

4 posters

Go down

Baboon first try what do you think Empty Baboon first try what do you think

Post by Doodle Bug Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 pm

My friend wants to be Rafiki for Halloween its my first real request for a mask where I am getting some money for it. Please I would love any advice to make this look better. I'm thinking of bring the line up more at an angle. I used all paradise paints. I will be getting new brushes soon too. I also posted my fox face too. Thanks everyone! Baboon first try what do you think 68311 Baboon first try what do you think 28641510
Doodle Bug
Doodle Bug

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Baboon first try what do you think Empty Re: Baboon first try what do you think

Post by Mug Shots Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 pm

I think you did a great job. The only thing I would suggest (and this is only my humble opinion!) is to soften it some so it looks more like fur or even wrinkles than hard lines. If you make the lines on the face slimmer, very thin, then go over them with black eye shadow for more of a shadowing effect, I wonder what that would do for it? With that and maybe some white highlights, I think it might make the gray pop and make it look like it is over the blue, if that makes sense? (like the blue around the eyes recedes into the background) On the white, maybe more defined hair patterns. I certainly admire you for going for it... That is one tough face! I think you did a GREAT job tackling it! Way to go on your first paying mask! That is always exciting!
Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doodle Bug Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Alright great! Thanks for the advice I will use smaller lines. And I never thought to use eye shadow. I can't wait to do it again it was a lot of fun. I will go for a softer look.
Doodle Bug
Doodle Bug

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SamFantastico Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 pm

A super fun trick: A smush brush. Take an older nasty brush you have and smush it in your hand or on the table so the bristled fly out in every direction. Then just lightly get some black on the tips and quickly brush it over the area, hardly putting any pressure. If you put it on the outter whiter parts it'll give a fur effect. You can also make mustaches! But I don't think Rafiki needs that...
SamFantastico
SamFantastico

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-01-30

https://Www.facebook.com/BroadwayBodyArt

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 pm

I think you did a really good job with it! I think that would be a very hard face to tackle and figure out. I agree about softening some of the lines a bit, and adding a fe highlights to give it more shape.

Also, the Wolfe brothers have a baboon face, try searching for it, and it might give you a few more ideas Smile

GREAT JOB!!!
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: