Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Palm Harbor, FL

+6
AngieAnders
Heather
Metzpah
WyndyO
starponysmama
Joanne
10 posters

Go down

Hi from Palm Harbor, FL Empty Hi from Palm Harbor, FL

Post by Joanne Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Everyone,

I spent the entire day with Wyndy (Wow Factory) from this forum and she told me how much she loved it. I joined all the forums when I first started 4 years ago but haven't been involved in the past three years so I have been out of the loop. I am a stay at home mom and paint 3 days a week now as regular gigs. Due to personal issues, for the past two years I have been doing the same old thing. I never practiced what I learned in classes and I did just enough to get by. Now my life is at peace, I am very happy and I'd like to pick up where I left off. I am not a natural artist so it's been a struggle. I got into face painting just to do it at my daughters birthday party and it took off from there. I bought my first snaz palette off ebay and contacted a painter in my area off their website. She asked me to take a class she was hosting at her home and it was with the Wolfe Brothers. I had no idea who they were but that is how I started. It was very overwhelming and I have no artistic ability whatsoever but I enjoyed it very much. Every accomplished painter I met told me I was wonderful and they were all very encouraging. I now look back and see how awful it really was and I am so grateful they saw something in me and they didn't let that spark die. Four years later, I am still have the passion but I do not have my own style yet. When will that happen? So many people are original and so creative and I have been trying to figure out what my style is. My work is some from everyone's past work (designs from books, step by steps, etc.) but I don't have enough of my own original creations to say I have a distinct style. I am hoping I can get support and advice from this forum to help me on my journey. Thank you for having me.
All my love,
Joanne Conte
Joanne
Joanne

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-15

http://www.bestfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Hi from Palm Harbor, FL Empty Re: Hi from Palm Harbor, FL

Post by starponysmama Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:47 am

Greeting's from TALLAHASSEE, FL! Smile It's hard to get your own creative thing going when you're not used to it! I think it comes with time! I kinda have the same problem. I get out all my old paint, spread it out over my bathroom counter and GO TO TOWN! Just experiment. Best thing about face painting - if you don't like it...... you can WIPE IT OFF!
lol!
starponysmama
starponysmama

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-16

http://www.facepaintingtallahassee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 am

Yay!!!! Joanne!!!! I had a BLAST with you yesterday!! and I am impressed you joined this forum just hours later. Our kids tore up my house and we spent more time sharing our ideas and knowledge than "jamming".

Joanne is a humble and awesome painter!!! She will no doubt inspire a few people here. And I am going to recommend she give a small step by step in how to clean your kit. She showed me yesterday - Hers looks like brand new and absolutely gleams.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM JOANNE!!! We just keep growing together.
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 pm

hello and welcome! Smile
one reason I am loving the boards and other groups of painters, is the challenges. When I am given a theme or a specific thing to paint, it really helps the creative juices. Perhaps being part of a community will just bring the creativity right out Smile
Metzpah
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi! Smile
Heather
Heather

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.manhattanmasqueradenyc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Welcome Joanne! I loved looking through your fabulous gallery, and I am sure that you have more your own style than you realize. You definitely have talent. Beautiful work! I only know of a few artists who really have a distinctive style that stands out a lot. Some stand out for their bold linework. Some for no linework at all. Some stand out for using bright colors or making signature dots or other telltale signs in their designs, or others just for the creepiness or realistic aspect of their work. But the majority of us might not necessarily have our work recognized as our own when seen. I don't think that means we don't have our own style. I just think it means our style is a bit more muted.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Joanne,

I just took some time to look at your gallery, and WOW. I am now thoroughly jealous. Fabulous work! Smile

And ditto what Angie says about style. I have very few designs that are my "own" (as in not copied from someone elses work), and there's definitely not enough there that I can pick out a "style" distinguishing me from the thousands of other face painters out there. While I'd love to be more creative and develop my own style, I'm happy now just being a competent copy cat. Hopefully some day I'll develop my own line shapes, or colors or whatever - until then I'll keep practicing. Smile
Heather
Heather

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.manhattanmasqueradenyc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glendaoneill Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi from the UK

Glenda
glendaoneill
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Aloha, From Big Island Hawaii...Renee
reneec808
reneec808

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 am

ditto to all that love your gallery! amazing work!
Metzpah
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 am

Thank you all for the very warm welcome and compliments. I am really happy to be here. I'm enjoying reading all of the topics and learning so much. Hopefully, I can add something useful to some.
Joanne
Joanne

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-15

http://www.bestfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyO Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Joanne,
It is so nice to see you here on the forum.

My advatar is not a picture of me - but of my son's girlfriend - I just like how the spider mask turned out.

Kathy Oros.
KathyO
KathyO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:39 am

Welcome! You have fabulous pictures!
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751