Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you present your photo release forms at birthday parties?

5 posters

Go down

How do you present your photo release forms at birthday parties? Empty How do you present your photo release forms at birthday parties?

Post by deleted Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 pm

I haven't used release forms at birthday parties yet, but now that I'm getting my business together and wanting to get more photos of kids for my website and ads (instead of having MY mug splashed all over everything, as it is now), I need to start using them.

So what do you do? Do you just hand parents the form, tell them what it is, and ask them to sign it? Do they ask a lot of questions or just go ahead and do it?

To me, it seems awkward asking them to fill out some form at a birthday party, but perhaps I'm just overthinking it.

deleted

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

How do you present your photo release forms at birthday parties? Empty Re: How do you present your photo release forms at birthday parties?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 pm

I don't. I mean, I do carry copies but I do not take photos at birthday parties as a general rule, so no need to get forms signed.

At public events, if I have an assistant, we try to get working photos. She will scout the line for "cute" kids and get the parents to sign the form BEFORE they get to my chair, then she takes photos of me "at work" and then of the kids after they get out of the chair... I don't even know she's doing it.

I've had mom's send me photos after the parties. But... I don't bother.

Back to top Go down

How do you present your photo release forms at birthday parties? Empty Re: How do you present your photo release forms at birthday parties?

Post by helena Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:51 pm

I just ask the parent before I take any photo. They usually say yes.

helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:11 pm

I add it to my contract. I have something saying "may I take photos of event, all photos may be used on facebook, my website, etc... You will also receive a copy of all pics... Almost all parties say yes.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

SuzySparkles wrote:I add it to my contract. I have something saying "may I take photos of event, all photos may be used on facebook, my website, etc... You will also receive a copy of all pics... Almost all parties say yes.

But what about the other kids, what if some of the other parents don't want pictures of their kids posted on the internet?
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by deleted Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:15 am

Thanks for your input, guys. I've decided that I'm simply not going to bother with pictures and forms at birthday parties for now, since I can't think of a way of asking parents to fill out a form that doesn't seem out of place at a birthday party.

deleted

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:02 am

Have the forms with you... then, if you do something WONDERFUL just ask the parent of that child to sign a form so you can take a photo as you would LOVE to have a picture of that design as their child looks soooo cute with it on... blah blah.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:05 am

Stacia wrote:
SuzySparkles wrote:I add it to my contract. I have something saying "may I take photos of event, all photos may be used on facebook, my website, etc... You will also receive a copy of all pics... Almost all parties say yes.

But what about the other kids, what if some of the other parents don't want pictures of their kids posted on the internet?

I have never had this problem. I also give a stack of cards to the Birthday kids mom to pass out to each parent picking up their kids so that they may pick up their child's photo. If the problem arose of someone not comfortable with their kids photo up, I would just simply delete it.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:19 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:Have the forms with you... then, if you do something WONDERFUL just ask the parent of that child to sign a form so you can take a photo as you would LOVE to have a picture of that design as their child looks soooo cute with it on... blah blah.

Laughing

Totally what I do! They get so excited when you tell them their kid looks adorable, they will sign anything!
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down