Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps??

+52
AshleyMarie727
KaraMundy
MarissaG
lollyjean
TheSparklingLady
HillbillyDiva1
Seahorse101
theotherphoenix
IamGinaW
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
CreateFaces
Lizzy75
photomomma6
SamFantastico
Miss Ronnie
MelodyFPL
Ester K-D
facesbybelle
Anita's Faces
l!zzie
gorjessfaces
eva
Letmepaintyou
Mug Shots
Krissiemarie
ChangingFaceDesigns
Avasmummy10
MonsterKat
rebelsky
shandi
Jody Rife
fezinafelina
Britty
LoneWolf
Jazz
Stacia
Psalmbook
CABBYJ
tanyamaldo119
Rae
Sunrise
Mandi from Tazzie
By These Hands
Manabanana
1HappyNut
Ashley Pickin
Winger1200
Mehndi Masala
artyfacesbyluz
Taradoodles
Arty-Farty Party
jennvangogh
56 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Empty What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps??

Post by jennvangogh Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:42 am

Just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else does in their off time. Cake decorating, Home decorating, crafts, Acrylics on Canvas, Mixed Media art... etc. Thought it would be a great place to share pieces of our lives that have creativity in them other than FP. Also Im curious what other talents, jobs etc other FP's have/do. A place to share and post pics.... lots and lots of pics!!
jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/jennthefacepainter

Back to top Go down

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Empty Re: What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps??

Post by jennvangogh Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:55 am

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc00710

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc00711

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc00714

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Sam_0910

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc02210

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc09811

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc00210
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Img_0812

jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Back to top Go down

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Empty Re: What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps??

Post by Arty-Farty Party Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:07 am

Good idea! I am posting early so I'm not intimidated by the sheer artistic brilliance I'm sure we will see exposed here.

I'm not very good at it but I do charcoal portraits from people's photos...
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Photo010

and also paint name signs.. they're my surprise thank you gift for the birthday child when I'm booked for a complete party package.
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? P1030310
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:08 am

Yikes! Huge pics! Sorry everyone!
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 am

wow. lol fantastic!! mine is all kid related, like posters, murals, invites, birthday cards, wall plaques, etc
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 100_0710
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:14 am

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Bunny-val
Drawing (pencil, charcol, pen & ink)

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Misson-san-juan-capistrano
Painting (oil & acrylic)

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Cakebitescloseup
Baking (anything... these are cake bites. I worked as a baker's assistant and do cake decorating too)

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Balls
Crafts (all types - used to make ornaments every Christmas for gift giving. These balls were what we made about 18-20 years ago.)

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 252086_201319513255652_191063437614593_475558_719302_n
Sculpting and pottery (have all sort of things I made around the house - bowls, Spock, my dog, and many MANY ashtrays! LOL)

Also used to do crewel work, cross stitch, and beadwork (on a loom). Most of my "crafty" energy goes into costume construction nowadays.

Also play around with photography and photoshop... get some cool stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by jennvangogh Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 am

Great job. Did you free hand it all Tara? I thought about investing in a projection machine and starting murals... Then I found out the costs of a decent machine... yikes cant afford another hobby at the moment..lol
jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Back to top Go down

Post by jennvangogh Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:20 am

Wow love the spock! I think you have more hobbies than I do Shannon... does you husband ever get upset like mine saying I need to stick to one and stop buying everything I see..LOL

I got piles of stuff and go through waves of what medium I am going to try. I was addicted to Gary Reef for a while and started with mixed media. And now I am looking into making teapots... I can see more crafting supplies in my future. Today at the Arts Alive festival there was a metalwork artist.... now that is a really cool form of art I would love to try. Anyone ever done glass blowing ? Another form I am interested in.
jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 am

Husband? scratch What's that?

I like chain mail and would love to get into that but my hands couldn't take it. I've got issues now with RSI (repetitive strain injuries). So a lot of the fiddly crafty things I can't do anymore - like the beadwork, the cross stitch, etc.

Most of my artsy fartsy energy goes into my make-up and costume work now. With some home decor stuff... and sometimes I find time to paint something usually for a specific purpose, and I like to take art classes in various mediums.

Back to top Go down

Post by jennvangogh Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:29 am

Sorry I assume everyone is married or at least has some sort of ball and chain attached. I use to be abaker for 2.5 years scooping muffine and the constant motion has damaged my wrists as well. in the winter it hurts to turn a door knob sometimes. I am worried about what abilities I will have in the future if they hurt this young already. Hopefully I can still hold a brush in 20 yeard.
jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:37 am

Gawd... scooping muffins is the worst!!! Honestly, doing that caused me to cry sometimes. I was in the bakery for over two years the last time.

I wake up with my hands contorted into monkey paws and I have to sit on them to get them to open... they hurt for about half an hour until they get moving properly. And I have fingers on both hands that spontaneously lock and cramp... I have to stop and manually open up the joint using the other hand...

I get by... but .... not looking forward to 5, 10 and 20 years from now...

Back to top Go down

Post by jennvangogh Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:44 am

This is an odd craft....

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc05311

I got this idea of a themed birthday in my head next thing you know I was cutting and painting styrofoam to make a whole ship...lol

jennvangogh
jennvangogh

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 am

I do oils and acrylics, and murals for kids rooms or bath rooms.
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc01513
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:49 am

I have done cakes, I do sculpt and carve, I sketch and draw, but mostly I just paint people with henna and paint! I am a bit of an OCD 'fixer' when it comes with painting things like canvas....I'll keep going back and back and back, then maybe I want to keep it. I then end up with TONS of 'treasures' I can't part with until it is the 'right' person or I have to haul crud out to sell somwhere...and that never ends up happening. SO....I can't keep people!!! Only the photo. The photo is easier to store and share!!!!!!!!!!! And my DH won't yak at me about storage!! LOL
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 am

WOW! Fantastic artists on this board! I have gotten into so many crafty things these last few decades, it would be a very long list. Here is some of what I have done in the last decade. www.SusanLeeBillings.com Here are a few
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Myjenk10
18x24 Oil painting
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Myosmo10
12x16" acrylic painting
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Panthe10
16x20" Oil painting that I use as a display for my beginner oil painting classes
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:36 am

WOW! Fantastic artists on this board! I have gotten into so many crafty things these last few decades, it would be a very long list. Here is some of what I have done in the last decade. www.SusanLeeBillings.com Here are a few
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Myjenk10
18x24 Oil painting
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Myosmo10
12x16" acrylic painting
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Panthe10
16x20" Oil painting that I use as a display for my beginner classes
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 am

wow. I am totally a tiny blossom in with a huge field of the great masters! wow. terrific job.
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:17 am

We need to have a show!!! All these artists... We could set up a group on FB and everyone can post their photos!!! Call it the The Forum Gallery...

Whaddya fink?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:37 am

I love crafting and painting/drawing/sculpting. My degree is in 3-d Media studies.. so I took a lot of sculpture and ceramics classes. LOVE it! Here are some drawings/paintings/sculptures that I've done...

drawings(all are 20x36") the last one is a collection of favorite objects and isn't finished in the crappy cell phone pic..lol
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 6688_510What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 6128_511What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 6128_510

Paintings:

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 18107110What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 30703_10

screenprints/digital mockups:
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 37752_10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 36828_10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 38161_10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 35249_10

sculptural things... clay/plaster/etc..
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 16309310What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 33473_10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 18069410

I also love crafting.. like making things out of balloon scraps, painting nesting dolls, and making things from polymer clay.. fun fun!
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 18192811What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Img_1613What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 18885610What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 18362310What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 18332810What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 21446910

This is made entirely out of balloon nozzles..
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 16715711
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2009-06-27

http://www.picnpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:38 am

I love looking at other people's hobbies!
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Back to top Go down

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Empty Warning... Overshare! Picture Heavy.

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:30 pm

jennvangogh wrote:What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Dsc00710

Omygoodness! I LOVE this!!!!

Amazing talent all!!

@ Ashley: Me too!

Yes, Shannon... And then SELL them! haha

I do a lot of knitting and crocheting. I have done a tiny bit of painting. I enjoy photography. I am always trying to do 3D cakes (like on Cake Boss) for my daughter's birthday cakes. Some turn out. I did a pink electric guitar with licorice strings and candy knobs and frets but the computer crashed before I backed up my photos and I lost them all. That was my favorite.
I scrapbook, and make cards.
I want to learn (silversmithing?) jewelry making, woodworking (I want to make furniture), and do more pottery on the wheel...there's nothing quite like it. So soothing.
I too have a husband that thinks it's neat that I'm so interested in everything around me, but thinks I'm crazy having SO many hobbies and interests. Luckily I have a 'craft room'/office so I can organize/work/and store it all in there... and most importantly: shut the door. And it's not as though I flit from thing to thing or start something new and then give it up. They're all long-term hobbies that I keep learning more about and adding to, balancing them all out. I'm just a learner.
And of course I play sports. I golf, and play hockey. I played competitive fastpitch, and later slo-pitch and orthodox ball until my shoulder gave out. I did kickboxing for many years. I like to garden. And read. Ohmygoodness I read too much. The dishes accumulate in the sink, the family doesn't get fed, housework gets ignored... When I read it becomes my whole world. Total blinders on. All-consuming. Eek!

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 05711

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 02511

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 13410

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 23610

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 23810

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Popcor10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 17310What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Bear_h10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Grey_b10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Pink_b10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Orange10What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Img_4610What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Img_5710What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 14210What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 26510What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? 26710What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Img_7410

*Edited to include: You can of course click on the picture for a larger image (to see the sparkle in the newlywed card.... oooh I'm such a glitter tart!). Sorry the first ones are so large, Shocked I finally figured out the sizing on the photo-sharing thingy.
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Just finished two more I had to share:
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Chenil10
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Newbor10

1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 pm

love the animal hats!
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I do wall murals; My stepson has a huge dragon and castle, my babies have under the ocean and lots of fish. started painting in high school with oil paints. love them.
What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Snc06220

I make cyberlox hair extensions

and draw with pencil pics of my kids. all just for fun so far Smile

What other mediums do you dabble in? Acrylics, Canvases, Cakes, Home decore and more... pictures and tips to ooohhh and ahhhh at perhaps?? Finish10

that is in crayola... my medium of choice. Smile
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Ashley Pickin wrote:love the animal hats!
Thanks Ashley! They're fun to make.

Wow. Mana! Nice!!
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next