Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wolfe Brothers Book Review-Faces of Fantasy

4 posters

Go down

New Wolfe Brothers Book Review-Faces of Fantasy Empty New Wolfe Brothers Book Review-Faces of Fantasy

Post by Metina Wed May 20, 2009 7:18 am

Hiya,

I just got a copy of this and for the most part it is wonderful. Most of the designs are basic(since it is a beginner's book), but you can really see the talent of the Wolfe Brothers for designing simple faces that can really be pimped out so to speak.
It has some simple, but very effective full face designs that are sure to dazzle any crowd.

However, I really wish they would include a few typed directions indicating colors, tools and application methods for those of us who really need the hand holding. Oh and they did include one design that is a little over the top for a beginner, but it gives one something to strive for. The mad scientist will prove a bit daunting for someone just starting out, but it is true Wolfe Style.

Over all it is a great little book that I am happy to have in my collection. Thick pages, spiral bound and large photos. Well done guys!

This book can be purchased from forum member Sherry at www.FunFacePaint.com.

The fantasy designs include: Angel, Devil, Dragon, Mermaid, Unicorn, Crowned Royal, Kabuki, Rosette(Feline Eye Design), Aloha, Robot, Love Spider, Fire Fairy, Pirate, Shooting Star and Mad Scientist.

Happy Shopping!
Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

New Wolfe Brothers Book Review-Faces of Fantasy Empty Re: New Wolfe Brothers Book Review-Faces of Fantasy

Post by glendaoneill Wed May 20, 2009 7:39 am

Is this book in a similar vein to the other two books, Metina?I found them a little difficult at the beginning as there were no written prompts.
I do love them though Very Happy
Glenda
glendaoneill
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

New Wolfe Brothers Book Review-Faces of Fantasy Empty Re: New Wolfe Brothers Book Review-Faces of Fantasy

Post by Metina Wed May 20, 2009 8:47 am

I only have one other book of theirs, the one with the dinosaur in it. These designs are a bit more basic than in those, but not too basic.

I agree that they should have a few written prompts, but these designs are easy to follow in my opinion. The biggest challenge I see for me is that they sponge the shape on an entire horse for the face on the cover in one step. It is going to take A LOT of tries for me to get this step.

Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 am

That was my only complaint about their books too - no instructions given for HOW they applied the based, blended etc. Hard for a beginner to figure out from looking at a photo.

I know from experience with beginners that they want to know what colour, what sponge, what brush, what order.... etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by glendaoneill Wed May 20, 2009 10:30 am

I think you should write some more books, Shannon! If you ever have the time. Very Happy

Glenda
glendaoneill
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Smile E-books in the pipeline...

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Wed May 20, 2009 11:36 pm

I agree, it's a wonderful book with some good "working" designs. I also wish they had listed some instructions, specifically what colors were used. Maybe they wanted to encourage experimentation or something. But overall the quality of the designs and photos is great and I found it very inspirational.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin Sun May 24, 2009 4:07 am

I think they tend to like you to try your own thing, yes, from when I have seen them teach.

cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down