Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert

+9
Psalmbook
maggie
AngieAnders
nancy!
anramire2
Maaike
facesbybelle
Mandi from Tazzie
Gr8ful
13 posters

Go down

Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert Empty Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert

Post by Gr8ful Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 pm

I was playing around with designs that might work on my hands at a gig. This is incomplete because I didn't know if the "chain" would show in the picture up to the wrist. I was designing as I went along so there are errors and omissions. I am aware that my chain looks horrible and isn't properly centered so I will work on that. It probably would have helped if I drew it out on paper first. What do you think and what might make it really pop?

Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert Handpa10
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert Empty Re: Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert

Post by Gr8ful Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 pm

My 13 yr old daughter is the photographer for me. She said I should give her credit and she is absolutely correct. Smile
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert Empty Re: Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Fri May 06, 2011 3:44 am

Gr8ful that is drop dead gorgeous, I love it & your daughter took a great pic.
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 am

Thank you Mandi. I was initially going for the "slave ring" look. I used to have a turquoise slave ring years ago and just loved it although I didn't care for the name much. Anyway, it kinda grew out of that because the trivet reminded me of that ring. I'm going to try some feet designs too. Just funky little designs for those who don't want paint on their faces. I am thinking I might as well offer options for those not so brave.
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Fri May 06, 2011 11:43 am

That is so cute and unique! I bet the teens would go for that design.
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Fri May 06, 2011 11:56 am

Thank you. Maybe I will try to find some teens to freebie and market for me as they walk around the festival.

I used a #2 round, Snaz walkaround pallette colors so I don't have the names, and Wolfe black and white. I started with the flowers and then added corresponding dots up to the center, then did the trivet and links up to the wrist. Next time I will do the trivet first so that the links line up better, then the links and then the flowers so that it looks right. I will also make the bracelet this time. Does anyone mind if I post the second attempt for feedback?

I bought some supplies from the swapshop and can hardly wait to get them because they have some items that I am dying to try out. You amazing artists have put the artistic sparkle back in my life and I can't thank you enough!!! It's been gone for too many years.
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Maaike Fri May 06, 2011 12:23 pm

this is a really awesome idea! love the design also
Maaike
Maaike

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Fri May 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Thank you Maaike. Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by anramire2 Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

You are such an awesome artisit.!! That design is gr8
anramire2
anramire2

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2009-08-13

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/My-LoVe-for-ART/2104600

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Fri May 06, 2011 3:39 pm

What a great design. I think teens will love this one. And tell your daughter she is a great photographer.
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Sat May 07, 2011 3:14 am

Very nice! Smile
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Sat May 07, 2011 7:28 am

Love it gr8ful! the design is beautiful eat and so delicate.
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sat May 07, 2011 10:24 am

Gr8ful, I love that! I'm loving the design & the knotwork(something I struggle with).
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sat May 07, 2011 10:48 am

Linda, I just did 4 lines one direction, 4 lines across those in the opposite direction and then added the loops where needed. It was a pretty simple attempt. You could "cut" areas if you want them to look weaved or just add your white where you want it to look like a weave.

Here's another take on the same hand painting idea but totally different. I can see that centering is going to be my biggest problem. Well..ok..maybe dh might have something to say about my rings being off all the time so I can paint my left hand. That could potentially be a bigger problem ROFL.

Hand design inspired by my wicker trivet and an insert Spider10
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sat May 07, 2011 10:54 am

I am kinda overwhelmed by the kind feedback ladies. I am so in awe of your work that I am just blown away that you are complimentary of mine. I guess it's like everyone reminded me on my other post...just be the best that I can be and strive to grow and learn. But I have to be honest..I have serious painter's envy goin' on for your work! Smile
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by freedspirit Sun May 08, 2011 2:51 am

That is one cool design........I join you in awe of these ladies...
freedspirit
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax Sun May 08, 2011 9:30 pm

It's a very cool design... you asked what might make it "pop"? I'd say a drop shadow on your skin would be the icing on an otherwise awesome cake.
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sun May 08, 2011 9:39 pm

What is a drop shadow? And thank you for the compliment. Smile
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Sun May 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Judy another winner.

My perception of a drop shadow is when you imagine the light hitting your object say from the left so there would be white highlights where the light would hit & then on the other side there would be a shadowing on the under part of the design to make it look 'real', to help it pop. I'm still learning to get this 3d look into some of my paintings. Maybe someone else on here could show you an example.
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Mon May 09, 2011 7:54 am

Ahhh..gotcha. Thank you Mandi. flower
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseVH Wed May 11, 2011 12:29 am

Gr8ful, I think that design is just gorgeous. I can see the teens totally going for it, I love it! You don't give yourself enough credit!

RoseVH

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 am

Georgeous!! Its looks so...real! I woudl agree with the drop shadow, and suggest making the two end that vanish connect to a larger 'chain' bracelet. to help even out the 'weight' A charm that havey wouldnt stay centered otherwise.
ooo so pretty! beads and flowers, great details, colors and just overall design. good job!
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down