Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My super fantactic face painting case!!

+33
Rosidias
a face painting mom
MasterpieceFacePainting
Flying Laughter
Monna (sounds like Donna)
1HappyNut
Sparklyone
helena
Laurie Shoultz
Lauri Strandell
Ruth
Ashley Pickin
DragonFly
EVENTERTAINMENTS
TheSparklingLady
ablissfulaffair
earthorange
BarbieSmith
creative lady
Psalmbook
Tash
vampkat
barbb919
Terina
rthling
twinkletattoos
Sam
CottonKandyClown
contrachapado
CaliGurl
AngieAnders
Lady Jayde
SuzySparkles
37 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My super fantactic face painting case!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My super fantactic face painting case!!

Post by barbb919 Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:07 pm

I have the same box. I got it at menards for around 50.00,, its taller than the fax max.. and I think a little lighter..but a very good tool box. I can put all my stuff in there.. I may have to just try to paint mine too.
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

My super fantactic face painting case!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My super fantactic face painting case!!

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

I owe you a big squeeze when I see you in Philly Suzy! I love this thing! I'm going to research my paint color options now.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:45 pm

I want, I want, I want!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Lady Jayde wrote:I owe you a big squeeze when I see you in Philly Suzy! I love this thing! I'm going to research my paint color options now.

Looking forward to it!! Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm

LJ - Make sure you take a picture so I can see your case all painted!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by vampkat Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 pm

MANNNNNN, that looks so awesome. Wish there was a Menards neer me. Poo.
vampkat
vampkat

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-06-03

http://www.hennabykat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 pm

I don't know if you're gonna wanna see that... Very Happy
I've already thought of 18,000 different way to mess it up! A part of me is saying "you know, pearly champagne and black" really isn't so bad...but the foo foo part of me wants color.

I initially wanted to put my company name on it, but my name is to darned long, so I'll have to brain storm this one. I already know that there will be magnets...lots and lots of magnets...
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:14 pm

No Menards near me.
ROAD TRIP!!!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Awesome case Suzy!
I could of lived without knowing how awesome your man is.
I thought mine was good untill I read that. hrumpf!
Cleans the house did you say?
YOur house?
lmao
The only time my man did that is when I took my daughter away for two weeks - he missed us and called everyday and cleaned the whole house out of boredom!
I gotta go away more......!
I think I should just settle with him being - my carpentar, my handyman, my graphic designer, my airbrush artist, my face painting model, and my business partner..... think making him my maid too is probably too much to ask...lmao
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm in love with it Suzy!!! I'm now really thinking about getting plastic paint. Do you think it would stay with out the additional coating your fiance did?

You have an awesome man!!!! Mine is pretty cool too. Last weekend I felt like I was going to physically die from pain due to face painting toooooo many hours. He rubbed my back, legs & feet! He also cooks, cleans & helps with the kids.

cheers for the awesome men in our lives!!!!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:37 pm

yeah it will stay, it has been painted like that for months... I just added the stickers and he just clear coated it recently...

yay for nice men!!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Oh I didn't say my was nice ..... just has a lot of usefull skills..... hahaha.
charm is not one of his strong points.

Suzy what do you do when you reach a flight of stairs? Hoik it up?

I have a small black and purple metal makeup case that I love but it won't fit my pallets - luckly I found an awesome Deisel padded backpack that was perfect - so the case gets slung over my shoulder ( very heavy) and the backpack on my back so I can get around everywhere... even public transport if ness.
Problem is I can't carry my handbag too - it's just too much, so I end up shoving my phone and wallet etc into the backpack and then it's stuffed and I can't find anything or have to drop everything just to answer my phone.
I'm worried if I get one of these or a fat max I will end up lugging it up ten flights of stairs - like the one time I had two chairs and a table with me on a trolly and had to get the train. Seriously I couldn't move for a week after that.
If you didn't have a car to use all the time would you still get one of these?
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Suzy, do you use something other than your supplies to weight it? I did a mock setup and the box was doing some slight rocking when I put my brush cup and sponge bucket on the lid. I love that the handle takes most of the stress off of the lid, but I don't want to have my box teeter...of course, I did set up on carpet.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliGurl Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Wah! No Menard's any where near California! Sad
Boo hiss.

CaliGurl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:02 am

Tash... I just pull it up one step at a time Smile

LJ - I usually put the water in the top, but not on the lid part... I will set it up and take a pic for you Smile

Gonna go squish my pink into my kit now to show how that is done Smile be back in a few
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 am

My super fantactic face painting case!! - Page 2 How_to10
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 am

My super fantactic face painting case!! - Page 2 Img_8020
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:54 am

I guess it does wobble a little bit, never really noticed that... I guess don't fill your water to the top and you won't have a problem... I have never had a problem with spilling water as of yet!! Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 am

I'm concerned with that one kid who'll come and "tip the balance, kwim? But I think that having a water jug always in the base and avoiding plush carpeting is the key...I'm not giving up my box...it's too stinkin' cute.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by creative lady Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:01 am

I have been checking online where to find them and every place so far are out of stock.
I love the colors and the tape, so cool!

creative lady

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-09-29

http://wix.com/creativeladies/Our-Creative-Imaginings-Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:19 am

Creative,
I called Plano and they said that the Menard's bought the exclusivity for this product, so you'll have to find one of those. If you're wiling to compensate for travel and pay for the shipping costs, I could drive down to Sandusky and get one for you, but you might want to find out if there's a Menard's closer to you ...I'm in Ohio.

BTW...the wobbly problem only happens when you're on carpeting. I rolled my oogly box into the kitchen and it set up without even a jiggle. Thanks for the tips Suzy...I'm going to go buy a smaller water container today. I'm still looking for the dusty rose plastic paint that Krylon makes, but I will find it or die trying. I'm also playing around with some decal ideas. I need to do whatever quick because it's getting colder outside by the day. Hopefully I'll have some pictures up by this weekend!

Oh, Suzy, do you work with the drawers open or do you just open as you need them? I suppose closed would be better to keep fingers out...hmmm.
This is going to take some thought.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbieSmith Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 am

How about we have a challenge: decorating your face paint kit. Whaddya think? My FatMax is looking very dull Smile
Barbie
BarbieSmith
BarbieSmith

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-07-02

http://www.SweetScentsCandles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 am

I work with the top 2 drawers open and the third drawer I have is for my glitter tattoo setup Smile Haven't had a kid grab anything out of the drawers yet... I am sitting right next to them tho so I think I would notice little fingers going in there.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by earthorange Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:14 am

Hi Suzy, just curious...when you transfer all your paints to the case, do you just know them so well you can keep track of what's what? (like when you need to replace them). Or do you have a secret labeling system Wink
earthorange
earthorange

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-08-23

http://www.peoplepaint.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 am

I just know them so well at this point, and for the most part.. they are all dfx. With like 1 or 2 snaz colors (rarely used) and like 5 paradise colors (easy to differentiate) and then my red black and white have always been wolfe.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next