Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My super fantactic face painting case!!

+33
Rosidias
a face painting mom
MasterpieceFacePainting
Flying Laughter
Monna (sounds like Donna)
1HappyNut
Sparklyone
helena
Laurie Shoultz
Lauri Strandell
Ruth
Ashley Pickin
DragonFly
EVENTERTAINMENTS
TheSparklingLady
ablissfulaffair
earthorange
BarbieSmith
creative lady
Psalmbook
Tash
vampkat
barbb919
Terina
rthling
twinkletattoos
Sam
CottonKandyClown
contrachapado
CaliGurl
AngieAnders
Lady Jayde
SuzySparkles
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My super fantactic face painting case!! Empty My super fantactic face painting case!!

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 pm

I added some awesomeness to my case... Then my fiance took it to work and clear coated over it giving it a super shine!!

My super fantactic face painting case!! Img_8016
My super fantactic face painting case!! Img_8017
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

My super fantactic face painting case!! Empty Re: My super fantactic face painting case!!

Post by Lady Jayde Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Very nice!

Sooo...ummm... were you going to keep your fiance'? He seems like a keeper...

If not...make sure you put him up on the swap board...I'm sure somebody will snatch him up quick!
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

My super fantactic face painting case!! Empty Re: My super fantactic face painting case!!

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:20 pm

oh heck I will never leave him... He NOT ONLY let's me be a full time face painter... Doesn't expect me to work anywhere else... BUT he also cleans the house, does the dishes, hangs and folds my clothes, all while holding down a full time job as a truck painter... Yeah, I think he is a keeper Wink
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:22 pm

I don't suppose you'd be interested in wrestling me for him? I'd be pinching the crap out of myself every hour on the hour if I had somebody like THAT rooting for me... make that every half hour!

You're one lucky chic!
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:23 pm

only if it is in jello!! cheers
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Here he is, since we are talking about him!!

My super fantactic face painting case!! N5306410
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Cute! I wanna see pics of the inside! Where did you find it? What was it originally intended for?

I have a kit fetish... Embarassed I am constantly obsessing over my cart and set-up. I scour the internet on a regular basis looking for any possible way to improve it. LOL.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Here is the inside and the top drawers....
My super fantactic face painting case!! Img_8018

Bottom holds water jug, glitter tat stencils, and all other misc stuff (tape, pins, yadda yadda)
My super fantactic face painting case!! Img_8019

I got it from Menards for $50... It was beige and black and was intended as a tool box Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:34 pm

pay no attn to the junk on the floor... I am re-organizing my crap under my face painting table in the living room Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:12 am

I really like this case. It doesn't look like a FatMax...what type is it?
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliGurl Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 am

What kind of paints do you have in that palette on top? I like all the bright, sparkly colors. Also, I like the case. Where did you get it? Smile

CaliGurl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:40 am

I wish I knew what type it was, I got it at Menards for $50 though. I think the brand name was stanley.

Cali, that is mostly all Diamond FX Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:48 am

I found it!! Smile

It is a Plano Molding 826 Pro Rolling Work Station

This is it when it was all oogly
My super fantactic face painting case!! 41ikdg10
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:31 am

It's very cute! How'd you get it such pretty colors?
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:56 am

I used spray paint made for plastic Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:58 am

Very cute!

I was looking at a tool box with wheels yesterday at Walmart. It was a Stanley for $20. I liked it, but I don't think it was big enough and the lid didn't open all the way. I asked one of the managers if they had the Fat Max, but he said, they will probably get it closer to Christmas.
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:00 am

Try Lowes or Home Depot, they have them there here.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:04 am

Love it!!
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletattoos Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

That's pretty darn cute Suzy!
twinkletattoos
twinkletattoos

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2010-04-23

http://www.twinkletattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 am

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing! I love the tye-dye patterns on the inside. Smile
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:58 am

I was digging the individual compartments of paint colors. I know they didn't come that way. In fact, I've seen plastic boxes like that at walmart. Did you put them all together, and do you mind sharing how you did it?
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terina Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:07 pm

I like it...very nice job painting it.
Terina
Terina

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.royalmagicevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Well, I HAD to go and find this box. Turns out that they are exclusively made for Menards now, so I had to find a Menards to go have a look-see. 1hr-45min. later, I've seen it and I have one. It looks like a perfect fit for me! I looked at it side by side with the FatMax and I can see that the reason is the additional 7 inches of height for the work surface! I love this thing! I also like that it has drawers.

Now Suzy, how did you get it painted so neatly? I just want to paint the tan parts a bright magenta, the black goes well with my business color scheme.
Thanks for the excellent tip!
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55 pm

rthling - Sure it is pretty easy and I love it, saves a lot of time from screwing and unscrewing tops off of the paint, plus it keeps little hands from stealing your paints.

You just take your cake, pull all of the paint out of it using whatever method you want... You could use a spoon and put the colors in each of their individual spots. Don't worry if it looks ugly or the paint is crumbly looking... just make sure to go slow at this point or you will be flinging paint in different color compartments.. then when you are done and you have each color where it is supposed to go, use the back end of a large paint brush or a sharpie...whatever and press it down hard until it is all flat and broken down (some colors will crumble) For the brumbly ones I spread a few drops of water around the cake and let it sit for a minute then I take a large wet flat brush and brush around until it is smooth... You may need more water depending on how crumbly... yellow was my pain in the butt!!! then before it dries but not while it is totally wet, go back and press it down. It would probably be easiest if the cakes were warm and soft before doing this..

Also remember to put you colors in order from lightest to darkest, the first time I did this I put black/red/white right next to each other and the white got messy at times. Actually I need to refill my neon pink, so I will take pictures while I do that today and post them for you.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:01 pm

LJ- cheers cheers cheers

Isn't it AWESOME!! As for paint your colors are limited to ones that should be used on plastic... is my understanding. At Menards I found spray paint that is only supposed to be used on plastic... I am not sure how other brands work on it. To get the colors just right I taped off the color that I didn't want to be painted and held a piece of card stock up as well so that it didn't over spray... I am a messy spray painter!! lol!! My front lawn has purple marks in the grass!! Smile For the inside I used tye dye colored duck tape!! grroooovy!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next