Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working at restaurants

4 posters

Go down

Working at restaurants Empty Working at restaurants

Post by Keesha Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm to the point where I would like to get more steady work so that I don't have to work a regular job any more. I really want to find work at a restaurant. I'm going to start sending out letter's to many establishments and was wondering what I should include in my letter. Any advice will be welcome thanks!
Keesha
Keesha

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Working at restaurants Empty Re: Working at restaurants

Post by wmeventservices Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm

There have been similar threads before, but the min thing is to convince them that they need you in order to boost their business. But here is a warning, don't do a discounted long term gig until they sign the contract.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keesha Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:58 pm

I searched for them but I cannot find them.
Keesha
Keesha

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am

The archives can be difficult to navigate Very Happy

You can make post cards for pretty inexpensive at vistaprint.com & target restaurant jobs.

Put something like:
"X FACE PAINT COMPANY" wants to enhance your Family Fun Nite!
Say something about yours company & paints & put your contact info on the card. Then send them to the restaurants & then follow up w/ a call, asking for an interview or do a walk in(but NOT during rush peak times).

Restaurants usually don't pay your full price, so make sure they book you for at least 4 weeks w/ a possible renegotiation of the price. I started at a job at $60/night & now have them at $70/night. If the have a sign make sure they advertise face painting/kids night on it. If no one knows you're there, you'll get no business. Make sure they allow you to advertise by handing out cards. I get a lot of future clients from my restaurant gig. Make sure you get tips to try to recoup some of your discount. After tips I usually make only $5 - $20 less than if I got my full rate. I wear a BIG Button that says "TIPS MAKE ME SMILE!" Other things you can request because you're working for less are gift certificates or a free dinner & beverage.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet J Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Psalmbook -- thank you for the tips, I've been looking through forum threads, and this is exactly what I was looking for Smile It is great to have an idea of what to ask for for reimbursement/ pricing.
Juliet J
Juliet J

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down