Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

face painting class

3 posters

Go down

face painting class Empty face painting class

Post by Jessalou Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 pm

I have a family that wants to hire me to have a face painting party. Where I would teach kids ages 8-up simple painting skills. How do I do that? How much do I charge per child? How do I set out the paints for them to use? Is there a way to take a portion on my paint and put it in a different container so they can all of a small portion? Any help is appreciated.

Jessalou

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

face painting class Empty Re: face painting class

Post by Kris5115 Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:19 am

Here's an option:
Have some little paint trays like this:
https://smile.amazon.com/Paint-Palettes-Plastic-Professional-Painting/dp/B074W56CQ4/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1534770721&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=paint+tray&psc=1

Buy a few colors and divide them into the paint tray. I would recommend pink, red, white, black, light green, dark green, blue, and yellow. Teach double dipped flowers and leaves plus a few simple designs (balloon, cherry, heart, pumpkin, lightning bolt, teardrops, swirls, etc.). Show how purple can be made from blue and pink or orange can be made from yellow and red. I would think each child should have a liner/thin brush and a bigger brush round brush, maybe a 4-5. Charge maybe $25 per kid for 6-8 kids for 1 hour.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by skquinn Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:31 am

Maybe have groups of 2-3 share a TAG 12x10g palette (and maybe the TAG 6x10g pastels palette), and buy a few extra #3 round and #2 flat brushes? Shouldn't be more than about $120-$150 for the first time around, and even with multiple kids using them, you should get at least 10 classes out of the entire setup before you need to replenish. $25 per kid sounds right depending on how you usually charge hourly and how much it winds up costing you.

Color mixing is good to know as a basic art concept, though the reality is, I've almost never done it as a professional face painter (I did it once at the jam after Lilly's class in Las Vegas last year to get a light brown, but that was brown and white, and I'm going to get some lighter browns after this weekend's gig so I don't have to do that again as it was a pain and I had a brown stain on my white for a while afterwards).

skquinn

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down