Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Splinter Removal

+3
Denise Cold
rthling
Kris5115
7 posters

Go down

Splinter Removal Empty Splinter Removal

Post by Kris5115 Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:03 pm

While working our our bathroom remodel project, my husband got a glass/tile splinter in his thumb. When he tried to pull it out, part broke off and he wasn't able to get all of it out. He had hoped that it would eventually work its way out so he just kind of ignored it for awhile. After two weeks, his thumb was all puffy and sore and the sliver of glass/tile was still stuck so deep that he couldn't get it out.

So I googled splinter removal and read about using 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and a couple of drops of water to make a paste. Put the paste on the splinter area and cover with a bandage. Check after 24 hours and repeat if necessary.

We thought this was pretty cheap, painless and there was nothing to loose. The next step we figured was an expensive trip to the clinic for them to surgically remove it.

So we put the baking soda paste on his thumb at bedtime and covered it. The next morning, he checked on it and the shard of glass was just sticking up out of his thumb. I plucked it out with a tweezers and it was 3/8" long! It just came right out. Today his thumb is almost back to normal.

This was so cool, I thought I would share. Painless and nearly free and worked amazingly well.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Splinter Removal Empty Re: Splinter Removal

Post by rthling Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:48 pm

OW! And....
Awesome!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Wow! Never heard of that. Thank you.

Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:51 pm

yipes...thanks for sharing that great advice.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 am

Here is a picture of the splinter (between the dime and the ruler).  Again, it was so cool how it went from completely buried to sticking up enough to grab it.  Wish I had know this painless technique sooner.
Splinter Removal <a href=Splinter Removal Img_0010" />
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Autsch.....
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:48 pm

TY for this info. I'll return the favor. Any bee sting, hornet , yellow-jacket etc. can be treated this way. Mix a very small amount of a crushed aspirin & water to make a paste. Use a spoon to both crush & mix, since it will be absorbed thru your fingertips & you need the small amt. of medicine on the child/adult who was stung. Place it directly on the sting. I've had hysterically screaming children stop crying almost immediately. Remember, if it's a small child, I'd use a tiny bit of a baby aspirin (81mg). You only need a small amt of granules mixed w/water for anyone. At a family vacation, I had several young kids step on a hornets nest. Everyone came running in the house screaming. I grabbed the first aid kit, treated all of them & had 75% of the baby aspirin left, uncrushed.
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks ladies.
my hubby is forever getting tiny bits of steel shavings lodged in his fingers, will try this on him next time
silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down