Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Mermaid

5 posters

Go down

Little Mermaid Empty Little Mermaid

Post by christina06 Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Hey all! I've been a lurker on here for a while (thanks for all the tips!) but this is my first time posting. I'm helping with a local kids production of The Little Mermaid this summer. The director came to me with some ideas that she likes and I was hoping you guys with all of your experience could help me out a little. I'm posting some of the pictures that the director likes below. What would be better to use for this type of thing, face paint or stage makeup? I've never used stage makeup so I don't know anything about it. Also, if I use face paint what is the best type of sealer I can use so this will last for the whole play including costume changes? Thanks so much!

Little Mermaid Mermai11

Little Mermaid Ursula12

christina06

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Little Mermaid Empty Re: Little Mermaid

Post by bahacca Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Stage makeup I used when in school was thick and very greasy. I have no idea on what sealer or base you would use to help the staying power of the facepaint, though.
DO you know if the costumes are made already? On thing a production SHOULD keep in mind for costume changes is the actor's makeup. IMO, all costumes should be designed to be stepped into and dropped to the floor, NOT put on over the head. If they haven't already been made, speak to the costume designer about your concerns. My guess is that person won't want to have make up stains all over their costumes any more than you want your makeup work smeared.

bahacca

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mslalahoney Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 pm

That was the picture I was given for inspiration for the Little mermaid for our last year production. I used regular face paint. The kids did two productions a night, it worked just fine. There is another person asking similar questions. Check for that thread.
mslalahoney
mslalahoney

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-05-22

http://facepaintingbyrenee.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:40 am

Those look more like Mica Powders. If it were me, I’d just use some primer and eye shadows.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bahacca Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:15 pm

I just posted on another thread, but LIGHTING and how far back the audience will be are also going to determine a great deal about what makeup should be used. If there is a dress rehearsal, I'd do one both halves of the face differently to see what reads best from the audience, what works with the costumes and what the actress prefers.

bahacca

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fairyfox Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Evil eyebrows, I love it!
ben nye has a fixing powder that helps a lot, if you go with face paint. good luck!
fairyfox
fairyfox

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://jacanaparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down