Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pashur & Jay - Canada Tribal Workshops 2013

+4
fesspenter
Sarahyhz
ladysinaz
Pashur
8 posters

Go down

Pashur & Jay - Canada Tribal Workshops 2013 Empty Pashur & Jay - Canada Tribal Workshops 2013

Post by Pashur Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm

PASHUR & JAY's 2013 TRIBAL WORKSHOPS

CANADA TOUR STOPS

June 15 * Vancouver, BC

June 17 * Calgary, Alberta

June 19 * Toronto, Ontario

June 21 * Montreal, Quebec

TIME: 10:00am – 5:00pm

An entire class focused on Tribals with two experts on painting Tribals, Jay Bautista and Pashur. Here is your chance to finally master Tribal lines and designs. Pashur and Jay will go over all of the Tribal Basics. You will learn several Tribal Lines and how to compose them to create an infinite amount of perfect Tribal Designs. You will learn how to accent all of your current designs with Tribal elements and create drop shadows to add depth to your Tribal creations. Pashur and Jay will also show you Animal Tribals that look complex but that are easy to achieve. There will also be exercises for you to push your skills.

DEMOS INCLUDE: Tribal Designs for the Face, Neck and Arm, Tribal Crown, Tribal Necklace, Tribal Armband, Tribal Bat, Tribal Butterfly, Ghost Tribals, Tribal Heart, Sun Reaper, Glitter Tribals.

COST: $150. Only $130 for CAFABA members.

RSVP & PAYMENT: Paying for the workshop locks your spot in the class.
To sign up for the workshop, send a $50 non-refundable deposit to me via PayPal at: Pashur@CanvasAlive.com
Pay the balance after Jan 1, 2013.

THINGS TO BRING:
Your Face Paint Kit
#3 & #4 Round Brushes
Camera, Extra Card & Extra Camera Batteries
Pen & Paper
Practice Head (if you have one - not a requirement)

LUNCH: Lunch expenses are on your own.

QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, just email me at: PashurCreative@aol.com

Jay and I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you there.

Pashur
Pashur
Pashur

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-07-23

http://www.CanvasAlive.com

Back to top Go down

Pashur & Jay - Canada Tribal Workshops 2013 Empty Re: Pashur & Jay - Canada Tribal Workshops 2013

Post by ladysinaz Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Sweet.. something close enough i can probably make it to. Very Happy
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Pashur & Jay - Canada Tribal Workshops 2013 Empty Re: Pashur & Jay - Canada Tribal Workshops 2013

Post by Sarahyhz Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Can you add Halifax, NS to your tour stops???? Very Happy
Sarahyhz
Sarahyhz

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pashur Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 pm

I have never been to Halifax and I would love to go, but unfortunately we can't add it to our tour this year. If you send me your email address to: PashurCreative@aol.com I will add yuo to my workshop tour database. Smile

Pashur
Pashur
Pashur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarahyhz Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 pm

I will do that right now! Theres not many face painters in Halifax it seems and even less opportunities for learning.... even just buying face paints is difficult but im hoping to change that!
Sarahyhz
Sarahyhz

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Yay!
I paid for my class with Pashur & Jay Bautista!
Um...
that makes it sound like they are married to each other...
Jay Bautista & Pashur, since Pashur has no last name, like Cher, Madonna, and Charlie Chicken of the Sea (unless 'of the Sea') is the tuna's last name.
I digress.
I learned SO much from the Kick Butt Design in Detroit. I drove home to Toronto with my head full of the art work I was exposed to in the class.
And, for those of you who know about my 70 year old mother, and the tattoo incident in Key West...
I told Pashur that I would be in Key West for Fantasy Fest. He told me to drop on by Paradise Tattoo and we might go for a marguerita. My 70 year old Mumsy was with me. Mumsy had two margueritas. We dropped by Paradise Tattoo. Now, when you are 70 years old, you should get any damned tattoo you want... just not after you have imbibed in two margueritas and decided upon the spot. I told my Mum that she should think about this for a week, and if she still wanted a tattoo, I would take her to the tattoo parlour myself. I told her that she would have to live with the tattoo for the next 30 or 40 years.
I think my mother cut me out of her will that night.
I steered her out of Paradise Tattoo, where we were waiting as Pashur had a client.
Who else from Toronto is IN for the Tribal Class?

xoxox
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Pashur Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Lisa,

You crack me up. Smile

Pashur
Pashur
Pashur

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Dear Pashur:
I am trying to crack myself up!
Life is too short.
Enjoy it!
Now,
I am off to find
a pretty goat.

xoxoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by CATZ Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Westcoast folks, note that our date in Vancouver has changed to the Friday, June 14th. Hope to see you there. Kristal took it in Seattle and loved it! Came home so inspired.
CATZ
CATZ

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.CATZfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Pashur, this has nothing to do with Canada, but would you consider coming to Tulsa/Oklahoma City? Fayetteville, Arkansas, even would be good. I know there are lots of us in Oklahoma who'd like to take your classes. Thanks!
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pashur Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Jenny,

I would love to come to Tulsa, Oklahoma for a workshop. How many painters are there. Do you have a Guild there? Let me know.

Pashur
Pashur
Pashur

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm not sure how many painters we have. I'll put the word out and see how many I can find!
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pashur Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:49 am

Thank you Jenny. Smile
Pashur
Pashur

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysinaz Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Halifax would be awesome .. much closer than montreal.. Only a 3 hours drive instead of 11 Smile
ladysinaz
ladysinaz

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.maguscorium.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxell Sun May 26, 2013 7:05 pm

i agree i would go to Halifax
Maxell
Maxell

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

I attended the June 19 class on Tribal Design taught by Jay Bautista & Pashur.  

Every step was taught carefully, with attention to detail. Pashur & Jay truly wanted each of us to learn.  (And, I secretly wanted to get an 'A' in the class.  I had already arranged ahead of time that I would cheat and look over Elaine Day and kingsmeadmama's shoulder, to get the right answers, should there be a pop quiz.) 

They went step-by-step, breaking down each element, just like learning a new language, demonstrating and having us practice until we could each replicate a piece. All of us students were at the same level of artistry when it came to Tribal Design.  Some painters had been painting for 25 years, and some for for eight months.  We were all the same in this class.  

We were taught a simple, Top Secret method to improve Tribal Design.  (You have to take the class to find out what that method consists of.... I COULD tell you, but I would have to kill you afterwards.).  I would be focussing on practicing, looking down at my legs, or arm, and I would see Jay's feet come into my field of vision.... and I would then notice I was failing to employ said Top Secret method.  I would feel guilty, then employ the method.... and my work would INSTANTLY improve.   Damnit! These guys are really good at what they do. 
I gave Pashur a $1,000,000 Canadian coin.  (A Canadian Tire Street Hockey Puck, that also doubles as our coinage.). I hope he doesn't spend it all at once!   

The class was taught skillfully, enthusiastically, by two very funny guys who cheered and encouraged us through each step.  I would take this class again.  

I went home and practiced the Tribal elements on my legs while watching the hockey game.  My husband came home and looked at me and said, "WOW,". All I can say is that I am glad I had black sheets on the bed. (Don't read that last sentence).   

I am looking forward to incorporating Tribal Design work into my work.  I feel that I was given the tools to demystify Tribal Design.  Now, I am off to practice!!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsmeadmama Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Brilliant review!  You summed everything up perfectly, Fesspenter!

I had the BEST time at that class!  I can't say enough good things about it Very Happy
kingsmeadmama
kingsmeadmama

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down