Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superstar (FAB) Silver!!

4 posters

Go down

Superstar (FAB) Silver!! Empty Superstar (FAB) Silver!!

Post by Kammy Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi all,

I just took a delivery of a number of the smaller (16g, I think?) Superstar paints, today, and I abso-freakin'-lutely love them so far. However, I'm particularly thrilled with the Pure Silver! It's so opaque, and even as a total newbie I can get a very even, shimmery-metallic finish within seconds. Amazing stuff! I'd heard how difficult it can be to find a real, opaque (rather than very sheer, watery-looking) silver, so I was over the moon to get this stuff.

I ordered the gold too, though I haven't tried that yet, and a Ziva blue that I love so much - after about an hour's play, at that - that I've already ordered it (and 6 other colours, including the Line Black which I love too) in the larger size.

So, in general...very, very pleased with Superstar. Gorgeous colours!

If I'd known how much I was going to like them, I'd have ordered the large size first. Ah well, you live and learn - and the 7 small sizes will be great for saving space when I'm travelling with the little dude, staying at his Nana's or suchlike.

Are there any that people feel aren't so great, that I might want to avoid or try in the smaller size first? Also, has anyone used the Superstar/FAB "Shimmer Silver"? It looks almost like a shimmer white on the website, and I'm after a pearly or shimmery white shade if anyone can recommend one.

Thanks for the ongoing inspiration I've found here. I love it. Smile

Kammy x

Last edited by Kammy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to ask for pearly white recommendations)
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Superstar (FAB) Silver!! Empty Re: Superstar (FAB) Silver!!

Post by martha Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:25 pm

I believe that Suzy mentioned that "Seafoam" in the FAB is a bad color once it dries and one YouTube review showed the lime to be more avocado in color.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiletime Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:41 am

I have a bunch of the FAB paints and I love most of them, but I prefer the Tag lime and Teal to the FAB....but I LOVE the Ziva Blue and the Magenta Shimmer and the Glitter White....I have the silver and the gold and they are both AWESOME....Also like the pinks...I got a light and a dark. They are all new, so I haven't had the chance to use all the colors at gigs yet, but so far so good. They sponge on really well.
Smiletime
Smiletime

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.depacesfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:21 pm

I'll bear the seafoam, lime and teal in mind - shame that I just received the lime through the post, but you live and learn I suppose. Laughing

I have the shimmer pink and a shimmer rose - the latter is reallllly pretty but the pink is one of the stainier colours I own. It comes off after a bath, etc. but definitely leaves a ghost image on first washing. I love Ziva too!

I find it mildly confusing that some of the colours are called different things depending on whether they're branded as FAB or Superstar. Ziva is always Ziva, but I think FAB Seafoam is Superstar Sylvia Blue, or something, and FAB Princess is Superstar Rose Shimmer. Is the FAB Shimmer Magenta the same as my Superstar Shimmer Pink, or are they different colours?

Got a new stash today. Yay me!

Kammy x
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by monelle Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Kammy, did you try Superstar Poppy? I'm look for a bright, saturated orange. Thinking about Mehron Brilliant Orange, also ...
monelle
monelle

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down