Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long lasting silver body paint for ballet recital? HELP!

2 posters

Go down

Long lasting silver body paint for ballet recital?  HELP! Empty Long lasting silver body paint for ballet recital? HELP!

Post by Becky521 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:14 pm

I have been asked to paint the cowardly lion, scarecrow and tin man for my friend's dance company's recital in a few weeks in exchange for a free full page ad in their program (w00t!) It's great practice for me since it's only 3 kids and I get a free full-page ad out of the deal that is marketed right to the demographic I'm targeting for my business!

I have the Starblends for the bases for the lion and scarecrow, but what is the best way (without airbrushing - as I still need WAY more practice and the child is a big young for a full-body airbrush if you ask me) to do the tin man's silver? Tin man is whatever body is not covered by the fabric costume (so arms, shoulders, upper chest and upper back). Should I do Mehron metallic powders? How should I apply them? I just don't want the paint to sweat off while they dance!

I know how I would do it with just face/body paint, but I want to add the lasting power of a powder if you know what I mean.

Thanks!
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Long lasting silver body paint for ballet recital?  HELP! Empty Re: Long lasting silver body paint for ballet recital? HELP!

Post by Psalmbook Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Paradise Silver & Mehron Silver Powder mixed will give you a great silver. How long does the paint need to last? Dancers sweat & it's hard to keep any face paint design on them. There are barrier sprays you can buy (mehron & Kryolan both have them). For the body (not the face) you can spray the dancers w/ aqua net hairspray before & after you paint them. It'll be harder to keep the paint on if there's any partnering or lifting, since where ever the dancer is touched for a lift, the paint will come off. The paint also makes the dancer slippery. My son dances & we have a lot of experience w/ makeup, body paint & what works & doesn't.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Long lasting silver body paint for ballet recital?  HELP! Empty Re: Long lasting silver body paint for ballet recital? HELP!

Post by Becky521 Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:02 pm

I think the kids are pretty young, so no partnering/lifting. I was thinking starblends for lion/scarecrow with Wolfe lining and mehron glitter powder mixed with mehron mixing liquid for tin man (wolfe lining again) It's a recital, so just a short showcase of 1 song for each group.

Will that work? I can certainly set the designs with hairspray.

Becky521
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:02 pm

That should be fine. Teens & adults will sweat, but kids hold up pretty well. Hair spray for the bodies, but not on the face (it burns the eyes).
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Thank you! I'll be sure to share photos of how it goes!
Becky521
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down