Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner

+7
Bee Happy Design
Painted Ink. Izzy
Griffinblue
girlbyjuly
Criss
Perry Noia
Face Painting by Jessica
11 posters

Go down

Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner Empty Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Hey everyone, I am in dire need of a haircut and colour and I've been thinking about putting some bold streaks in my dark mane. Now I'm not asking for fashion advice here, lol, I'm seriously wondering if clients will look down on the contrast or see it as a connection to my artistic nature.

Any suggestions on how you do your hair, make-up, outfit?
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2012-04-12

http://www.facepaintingbyjessica.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner Empty Re: Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:25 pm

My hair is currently kinda brown with white accents and faded red ends...

Sometimes it is green, sometimes purple, sometimes green AND purple. Once it was teal and royal blue tips, once I had nine different colours. I've had stripes, checkerboards and chunks. I've also had discreet foils...

Honestly... it is your hair, do what you want.

Back to top Go down

Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner Empty Re: Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks for the input Shannon Smile I've been thinking of adding some platinum blonde or pink streaks. I think it's so cool Smile
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 pm

I used to have all my hair pink... I ADORED it. But after 3 years of severely bleaching it every month, it was..... fried. As much as I want to go back to it, I'm fighting with myself over my recent desire to maintain a consistent branding image and all my professional pictures for my clown have brown hair right now, so I'm not sure if I should go back to it. I'm dying to be pink again... I loved it so much.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 pm

I use coloured spray, glitter, large flowers and my cowboy hat, sometimes all at once! LOL
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by girlbyjuly Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:54 pm

This is my current hair color (took the pic when I was trying out a new way of putting it up, I am styling-illiterate!):
Presenting yourself in an appropriate manner 2012-010
No idea why the pic came out sideways. Whatevs.

I also have a nose ring, which I replace with a small stud at gigs for a more professional look. I usually spend a good amount of time on my makeup when I'm going to a gig, either doing something bright and fun (not too crazy, though, usually just with a nice pop of color) or just natural. I haven't ever had a client who was turned off by my hair color, I usually get complimented on it, and the kids love it and ask if I "paint" it. Razz I think it's one of the few lines of work where you can get away with a lot of things, hair-wise! As long as you present yourself professionally so they know you're someone to be trusted.
girlbyjuly
girlbyjuly

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-11-08

http://www.facepaintingorangecounty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Thanks everyone Smile I'm definitely going to go through with it now! I gotta keep remembering that we're face painters, not stock brockers lol
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 am

Hair is basically another canvas. I would do something, but my day HR job might no be so fitting of the teal streaks I'd love! I'm just going to try chalking it.

Post pics once you decide!
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:47 am

My jobs, luckily, have all been fine with the wild hair colours. As a matter of fact, when I had my hair dyed chartruese all the kids/teens/skaters that hung out around the park I worked at started to talk to me and offer to carry things, etc. I think dying my hair made me "cool"... alien

Back to top Go down

Post by Painted Ink. Izzy Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:38 am

I have dreadlocks so I understand the concern especially with more conservative clients but if you work it into part of your branding Like I usually have BIG BRIGHT NEON flowers in my hair and it's always up it works because my tshirts I had made coordinate and they don't even see my hair most of the time...
Painted Ink. Izzy
Painted Ink. Izzy

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.faces-in-disguise.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Happy Design Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:53 pm

HAH! I love that you all have PINK hair! I can't pull it off. But I can rock a sweet pink beret (as seen in my profile pic) I love you

Personally I'm more conservative on that front and I understand people that don't like it a little bit. But if you have the personality and all to pull it off - more power to you! I think pink streaks or highlights could enhance your image - the little girlies would love you!
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-15

http://www.beehappyfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:26 am

I generally have pink and purple streaks, but since I'm looking for a new job (day job that is, I've got one, but I want a new one) I've gone black again for a while...
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:26 am

being an artist lets you be more creative--people for some reason allow artist to have a different standart of "normal" then a banker---have fun with it!

amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse101 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 am

I work with high school kids and they love my blue hair. I've got it under in the back and the cut just shows off. The parents don't care (some have even wished they could do it) and it makes me a bit cooler to the kids.

My own kid thinks she has the "cool" mom- score on that front.

It's just hair- might as well have fun.
Seahorse101
Seahorse101

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by earthvibe360 Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:18 pm

great to hear. I live in an artistic mountain town so it's quite acceptable, however I was nervous about that with other locations.
I put chalk in my hair, feathers, etc. and it's all fine.
I have seen one painter who was dressed up like a fairy with the biggest cleavage one could possible squeeze together, and thought oh no! I saw a parent comment, how she was going for the tips with the dads it seemed.
I thought it was awkward. And so I always do a bend over check, and make sure I don't fall out of my dress/ hippie outfit. If I wear a tanktop I make sure I have a little half sweater / summer cover, that also lets me move.
I also make sure to only wear soaps, perfumes that are sensitive and that don't make little ones sneeze. I wear my awesome chaos to stand, drink water, etc take care of myself.. I think that's what important.

earthvibe360

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-04-27

http://www.ashevillefaceandbodypainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down